MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo Pro right click context menu position issue Windows 10

Employee
    Posted 03-08-2018 15:56

Are you are experiencing the issue shown in the image below when you right click in the map window? Altering the Windows 10 Tablet PC Settings will fix this.

See Attachment

Use the keyboard Windows button+R to get to the Window Run desktop app. Copy and paste shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E} to access Tablet PC Settings.

See Attachment

Under the Other tab, check the radio button for Left Handed. Click Apply and then test. The context menu button pad should appear as expected.

See Attachment

The following link is no longer available. To access this information, copy the title found in the url into the search tool on the top nav bar, or try searching for key words in the post. https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/article/Resolve-right-click-Map-context-menu-offset-in-MapInfo-Professional 

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Pro right click context menu position issue Windows 10

Posted 03-08-2018 12:28

Hi Chris

I get this with Windows 10 but it isn't a Tablet PC - just a laptop. So I do not have the "Other" Tab when I look at my settings.

???

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Pro right click context menu position issue Windows 10

Employee
    Posted 03-11-2018 18:54

Hi John,

Perhaps try this 2nd method to have Win10 open context windows to the right.

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter.
    2. In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
    3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
    4. You should see a value named MenuDropAlignment in the right pane (If it doesn’t exist, create a new string value named MenuDropAlignment). Double-click on it to modify.
    5. In order to make context menu open to the right side, type 0 in the Value data field and click OK.
    6. If you want Windows to show context menu to the left side, just set MenuDropAlignment back to 1.
    7. After you edit the value, you need to sign out and sign in back to your Windows account or restart your computer. Windows should place the context menu on the right side.

• 4.  RE: MapInfo Pro right click context menu position issue Windows 10

Posted 03-12-2018 08:01

Yippee

That worked. Sorted in both v16 and 17.

Cheers