Automate

View Only
  • 1.  S4/Hana 2020 - BP Script Customer Create (Studio 20.2)

Posted 10-11-2021 08:43
    We are currently on Studio 20.0 which is not compatible with version of S4/Hana 2020 so we will be upgrading in the near future. For planning purposes, and for those that have already migrated to S4/Hana, have you created a BP Script to create new Customers using Studio 20.2 ? What are your recommendations on how to approach? Is GUI Scripting required?

------------------------------
    Amber Kelleher | Sr Associate – Global Data Analyst – O2C, Financial Data Governance – O2C & GA/FA
    Eli Lilly & Company | 206 383 7980

• 2.  RE: S4/Hana 2020 - BP Script Customer Create (Studio 20.2)

Employee
    Posted 10-11-2021 10:32
    Hey Amber, 
    GUI scripting is generally not required for the BP tcode (unless there is a very specific special scenario that is otherwise not possible). 
    We do have BP templates in the Community (they work in our 1909 demo server). You can test it in your dev SAP and see if it provides you a starting point. 
    https://community.winshuttle.com/sap-module-templates/home?s=BP&cs=null&rf=%5ETags%3ABP%5E

These are some useful resources for the BP tcode: 
    https://support.winshuttle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024517472-Creating-a-Script-for-BP-Business-Partner-maintenance
    https://community.winshuttle.com/search?s=Business%20Partner&cs=null&l=1

Jayasri Varyani | SE
    Winshuttle North America |

• 3.  RE: S4/Hana 2020 - BP Script Customer Create (Studio 20.2)

Posted 10-11-2021 13:19
    Thank you, Jayasri. In order to test this, could you please email me the Studio 20.2 installation instructions?

Amber Kelleher | Sr Associate – Global Data Analyst – O2C, Financial Data Governance – O2C & GA/FA

• 4.  RE: S4/Hana 2020 - BP Script Customer Create (Studio 20.2)

Employee
    Posted 10-11-2021 13:45
    Do you have Evolve 20.2 installed?
    Studio 20.2 installation files (compatible with Evolve 20.2) will be provided by Services as part of that process. 

Or you can request the installer by filling the form linked here under 20.x
    Studio Version 11.X, 12.X and 20.X

Jayasri Varyani | SE
    Winshuttle North America |

• 5.  RE: S4/Hana 2020 - BP Script Customer Create (Studio 20.2)

Posted 10-12-2021 01:38
    hi,
    I have made scripts for Vendor (BP) and starting with Customer now. Parts are the same for both.
    My experience, it is a drag...
    I have a mix of BAPI's (BAPI_BUPA...) and recordings (no GUI scripting).
    One tip I can give (in case you not already know): there are personal settings in tcode BP. They do matter...

Also in the scripts we had to switch "Start SAP GUI" on. I don't know why exactly but else it didn't work (run time errors).

Initial build in Studio 12.1 and as we are migrating to Evolve (20.2) I now adjust and/or build new with Studio 20.2
    WFM 20.2 we already had in SAP while working with Studio 12.1 due to upgrade from ECC to S4

BP tcode is a disgrace for SAP. The only upside is that users are more willing to use Winshuttle (webform) to create a vendor now.

Ed Meiners | Team leader Business Applications – Master Data Integration Management
    Royal Wessanen nv | +31 (0)20 3123353

• 6.  RE: S4/Hana 2020 - BP Script Customer Create (Studio 20.2)

Posted 10-12-2021 07:55
    Thank you, Ed for your input. I may reach out to you again around "personal settings" after I have had a chance to play with it.