Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Google Cloud Storage List error: Unexpected exception in processing: java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted 05-07-2019 04:03

[reposting from the old forum]

I've set up a service account on my project in Google Cloud computing.

I've given it two roles: "Storage Admin" and "Storage Object Admin", and downloaded the private key .JSON file onto my local machine.

I put in the name of the bucket I've created in Google Cloud Storage where I have cunningly put in two files and a folder.

I point the Google Cloud Storage List node to the bucket and the credentials file (JSON) that I've saved in my local machine.

But when I run the node, I get the error: Unexpected exception in processing: java.lang.NullPointerException

The error log doesn't (to me, anyway) reveal any futher info, but I attach it.

Do I need to give alternative roles to the service account?

Any suggestions?

(Update: when I created a new bucket on the same project as above, I was able to connect to it via the node. However, it's still not clear why the old bucket, with exactly the same privileges was not (and still is not) accessible.)

Attached files

temp.CPRA-07.15752.352.1556898937380.1932ca1b96921b4761befab4e53d3853.log

• 2.  RE: Google Cloud Storage List error: Unexpected exception in processing: java.lang.NullPointerException

Employee
    Posted 05-08-2019 07:06

The log file you uploaded is empty.

Can you please re-run the node and then create a support ticket using the link below and send us the zipped-up log files. You can find the log files under the Data3Sixty Analyze site folder. For the Desktop this will be at this location:

%localappdata%\Local\Data3SixtyAnalyze\site\logs

e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Data3SixtyAnalyze\site\logs

Regards,

Adrian

https://support.infogix.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

• 3.  RE: Google Cloud Storage List error: Unexpected exception in processing: java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted 05-09-2019 01:09

Thanks, Adrian, I've raised support ticket 69566 and uploaded a zipped log file.

I'm unable to reproduce the error now. As I mentioned above, when I created a new bucket, the node works without any problems.