Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Importing legacy graph with bundlers/unbundlers

Posted 07-17-2018 05:40

I am trying to import a legacy graph that makes extensive use of Bundlers/Unbundlers to transfer data to and from composites. So at the output of a composite I bundle my intended outputs together and then present this to a single output pin. I do the opposite at the input of the next composite.

The graph imported ok but the resultant flow does not run correctly. When I inspect the flow I see that where the bundler was the flow seems to aggregate the inputs into sets and where the unbundler was a disaggregation of the sets appears to be depicted but this only outputs one of the 5 inputs (see attachment).

I can't find any documentation on any of this behaviour, nor can I find any mention of bundlers/unbundlers (not even tagged as superceded/deprecated nodes etc).

Before I begin the process of un-wiring every instance of bundlers/unbundlers (which is a significant amount of work)  please can you let me know what if any support for this functionality there currently is in Dataverse (and on what dataverse has tried to do when importing the graph).

Many thanks,

Dave

Attached files

bundler.png

• 2.  RE: Importing legacy graph with bundlers/unbundlers

Posted 07-30-2018 09:34

At the moment there's not much you can do with Bundlers within Dataverse. It should import the Bundlers and Unbundlers ok and creates the connection points you're seeing. In this case if you have a Composite (in your old graph) that bundles and never unbundles then you won't have any unbundling option in DV. You could add a Cat node onto it if that helps. Some work is being done on different options with connection points (similar to bundling) but it will be in a later release.

• 3.  RE: Importing legacy graph with bundlers/unbundlers

Employee
    Posted 07-31-2018 02:00

Just to close the loop on this, this issue relates to the support ticket you also raised [#23413 ]

• 4.  RE: Importing legacy graph with bundlers/unbundlers

Employee
    Posted 01-13-2020 07:59

Analyze now provides Connection Points, which are the replacements for the Bundler and Unbundler nodes.

See the Advanced topics > Connection points topic in your Help documentation. This information is also available online here for the latest version of the product.