MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  I am trying to get an update on MI Pro Tech Support Bug MIPRO-102490

Posted 09-10-2019 10:30
    Edited by Nicholas Evanish 09-10-2019 10:32
    All,

I am trying to figure out if any of the latest patch releases included a fix to MI Pro Tech Support Bug MIPRO-102490.

The bug number revolves around using MapInfo Pro 17.0.1 and manipulating/editing objects.  In my case, I have street centerline data that I am parsing by municipality based levels.  I then: 

1. Mark layer for Edit
    2. Select All
    3. Do a combine on all street center line segments 

My program loops through an entire state's street data and the memory just continues to bloat until MI Pro crashes.  Tech support confirmed they recreated the memory leak and assigned it the bug number listed above (MIPRO-102490).

I did not see this bug number in the release notes for 17.0.4 and was curious if there is an update or if this can be passed along to the Tech Support team to provide an update on it.

With the recent acquisition, I figured I might have better luck posting this in the forum, instead of trying to contact support.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Nicholas Evanish
    Senior Programmer Analyst

• 2.  RE: I am trying to get an update on MI Pro Tech Support Bug MIPRO-102490

Employee
    Posted 09-10-2019 18:11
    Hi Nicholas,

I have had a quick review and can confirm that MIPRO-102490 was not part of the 17.0.4 release.
    Your item is still active in our items to address, however I am unable to confirm at this stage if it will be part of the next release. I will add a follow-up to MIPRO-102490 to obtain an update and advise accordingly.
    I can also confirm your original case is still open and that you can still email that case to request an update as per above.

Terry Hunt
    Software Support Analyst
    Pitney Bowes
    Sydney, Australia

• 3.  RE: I am trying to get an update on MI Pro Tech Support Bug MIPRO-102490

Employee
    Posted 09-10-2019 19:11
    Hi Nicholas,

An update for you on the state of MIPRO-102490 - it has been taken up by one of our teams for release in the MapInfo Pro 2019 release that is expected to be out to the public at the beginning of November. It has been pushed to the top of the Priority list. Thanks for your patience!

Ticia McGean
    Manager of Product Development
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC

• 4.  RE: I am trying to get an update on MI Pro Tech Support Bug MIPRO-102490

Employee
    Posted 09-10-2019 19:12
    Also you can continue to contact support as well as publish any questions you may have here. Thanks again!

Ticia McGean
    Manager of Product Development
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC