Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Add Accelerator base library from LAE to Data3Sixty

Posted 07-09-2019 00:15

Hello guys.

can  you tell me if is possible to add the accelerators library that exists in LAE to be used in Data3sixty??

KInd regards

• 2.  RE: Add Accelerator base library from LAE to Data3Sixty

Employee
    Posted 07-09-2019 02:50

Hello Jorge,

Unfortunately no, the Accelerator nodes are not supported in Data3Sixty Analyze. 

Data3Sixty Analyze provides built-in functionality that allows users to perform a range of tasks similar to that provided by some of the Accelerator nodes e.g. Selecting/excluding fields, Renaming fields, Changing field data types, Adding calculated fields, Filtering by date, Aggregating data, etc.

It would be useful to understand what functionality you need to recreate in Data3Sixty Analyze.

Regards,

Adrian

• 3.  RE: Add Accelerator base library from LAE to Data3Sixty

Posted 07-09-2019 10:34

Adrian

I am confused. I have imported the Accelerator library into D3SA because we use them in some of our Lavastorm graphs that we are importing into D3SA. Currently I have only attempted to try 5 nodes from the accelerator library but they appear to work. So I am trying to understand what you mean by "unfortunately no" 

Are you saying yes it can be imported but you do not recommend doing so because they are not supported?

I definitely agree that a lot of the accelerator nodes functionality can be accomplished in the standard nodes but I still needed to import the accelerator library to get lavastorm graphs to import.into D3SA

• 4.  RE: Add Accelerator base library from LAE to Data3Sixty

Posted 07-09-2019 16:59

Hi Don.

How was the process to import  the library? we also have a few graphs that use the accelerator nodes.

Kind regards

• 5.  RE: Add Accelerator base library from LAE to Data3Sixty

Posted 07-09-2019 17:14

Hi Jorge

I imported the accelerators library back on May 5 so I wanted to try it again today to verify there were no issues and there were none. I created a new directory under My Documents called accelerators and did an Import > Legacy Node Libraries  chose the accelerators.brg,  which for us is at version 6.1.3, I believe it has to be a version 6 brg file and all 74 items in our accelerator library imported without issue. Once I edited the Library Path I was able to import the Lavastorm graph and the node(s) ran without issue. In the future I will probably replace the accelerator nodes as Adrian notes but to get the graph imported that is what I had to do.

Good luck and hope this helps

• 6.  RE: Add Accelerator base library from LAE to Data3Sixty

Employee
    Posted 07-10-2019 04:39

Hi Don, 

My previous reply conflated a number of different issues. Yes it is possible to import the accelerators.brg as you describe. When the library paths have been changed, importing a graph that contains accelerator node will resolve the nodes so the subsequent import of the graph will be successful.

However, the nodes in the accelerators.brg are not supported for use with Data3Sixty Analyze.Most of the accelerator nodes are relatively simple in construction - either based on a single node or on a Composite node that contains nodes from the core or lal libraries, and the nodes may well run successfully and operate correctly - though your mileage may vary as the nodes have not been tested in Data3Sixty Analyze. Some node may not work when the graph is imported e.g. here is an example where the Outlier Detection accelerator node generates an error when opened in Data3Sixty Analyze but runs successfully in Lavastorm:

Hence we recommend you replace the accelerator nodes prior to importing the graphs into Data3Sixty Analyze. If required, you can choose to import the legacy library and the graph as-is and then modify them to use supported nodes, but if you want to continue using any of the unsupported accelerator nodes in your data flows you should confirm that they provide the expected results.

Regards,

Adrian