MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  A method to set if a mbx tool has AutoLoad ticked?

Posted 10-22-2019 21:33

Hello all,

My department has several hundred users of MapInfo, and I am assisting in the build of an installation package for MapInfo.

One thing I'd really like to do is control which Tools are are AutoLoaded, that is, control wether a tool has AutoLoad ticked or not, during the initial install.

This could be a setting during the installation process, or it could be a batch script that modifies a file, or something like that.

Is there a file where these settings are captured?

Of course, when MapInfo is running, users can tweak the settings themselves, but since we are familiar with the workflow of the vast majority, we already have a concept of which tools they need.

Thanks,

Nick

------------------------------
    Nick Lawrence
    Mr
    TMR-Policy and Planning
    Brisbane

• 2.  RE: A method to set if a mbx tool has AutoLoad ticked?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-22-2019 21:43
    Nick,

If you are using 64-bit version of Pro, look into file REGINfO64.INI located in MapInfo Pro installation folder. Whenever user runs MapInfo Pro for the first time, Pro will use this file to register all the tools and set some of them to Autoload. It is a text file and can easily be modified.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Andrei

Andrei Veselov
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC
    Troy NY

• 3.  RE: A method to set if a mbx tool has AutoLoad ticked?

Employee
    Posted 10-23-2019 08:36
    There is also a list of methods you can call in a MapBasic Application within ToolTabl.def to add, remove, or modify tools if that is a route you wish to take.
    ToolTabl.def is provided with MapBasic in the \MapBasic\Samples\MAPBASIC\INC  folder.

Regards,
    -Bill

Bill Wemple
    Principal QA Engineer
    Pitney Bowes
    Troy, NY

• 4.  RE: A method to set if a mbx tool has AutoLoad ticked?

Posted 10-23-2019 21:39
    I passed this advice on to our IT branch and they implemented it no problems.
    A clear, straightforward solution :-)

Nick Lawrence
    Mr
    TMR-Policy and Planning
    Brisbane