Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Record count on the output pin not showing full number

Posted 12-12-2019 09:53

How do I get the number of records on an output pin to show the whole value. Currently I see 101K and not 101303 records. I have to hover on the number to get the full details. This impacts data conversion where I need to validate and justify the number of records from one pin is the same number on the nodes further down in the process. Also made it easier justifying to auditors that the number of records didn't change as we went through the process. I quick screenshot of the dataflow solved that specific issue.

• 2.  RE: Record count on the output pin not showing full number

Employee
    Posted 12-13-2019 08:49

There is currently no mechanism to display the full number of digits when there are a large number of records at an output pin other than to hover the mouse over the pin. The abbreviated total is show to prevent display issues with large numbers. We do have a roadmap candidate to provide the option to show the exact record count but this is not currently targeted for delivery in a particular release. 

If you need to programatically validate the number of records is the same at two points in the data flow you can use an Aggregate node to count the records, combine the two values using a Lookup node and then use a Transform node to compare the values and generate an error if they are different.