Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Rollback to previous change

Posted 08-23-2021 02:08

We need the ability to roll back to previous changes. Errors in manipulation (e.g. a deleted relationship, a changed or deleted field value, etc.) happen to everyone, even unintentionally. We want to recover from accidental changes.

• 2.  RE: Rollback to previous change

Employee
    Posted 08-23-2021 13:10

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Emeline,

As of now you can request ticket for Govern be restored to a point in time and our  cloud team needs to know the URL, Date, and time zone. 

• 3.  RE: Rollback to previous change

Posted 08-25-2021 04:55

Look at it like an Undo button in productivity apps, like MS Office. You've made a mistake by deleting a picture or a full paragraph. Now, you want to restore that lost information. 

Visionary feature: You can trace all the changes on an Asset or Asset Type and rollback to the version you want.

• 4.  RE: Rollback to previous change

Posted 09-22-2021 13:46

At an asset level, I believe this can be handled manually by assessing the Change Log and performing the specific reversions needed.

• 5.  RE: Rollback to previous change

Posted 09-23-2021 08:22

<x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Justin Bovard">417678669453</x-zendesk-user> -- Thank you for your tip but I was looking for a more sustainable one-click feature. Think of Apple TimeMachine or OneDrive Restore Previous Version type of feature, which many other applications have started to build in.

• 6.  RE: Rollback to previous change

Posted 09-23-2021 08:30

Yes I understand. I imagine that functionality would come at a cost however, due to the exponential increase in data stored.