Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to Install Python Library "openpyxl" into D3S Analyze

Posted 01-29-2020 09:49

Hi,

I'm not sure what the reason was... but there seem to be a error when I try to import the openpyxl (see attached).

Is there a version which I should go to for Python 2.7?

• 2.  RE: Unable to Install Python Library "openpyxl" into D3S Analyze

Posted 01-29-2020 09:49

Attached files

error_openpyxl.PNG

• 3.  RE: Unable to Install Python Library "openpyxl" into D3S Analyze

Employee
    Posted 01-29-2020 10:44

When I try installing the package into a Python 2.7.15 environment it installs successfully and can be imported in a Python shell session:

How did you install the package? I used the following from the cmd line (not within the Python shell):

python -m pip install openpyxl

• 4.  RE: Unable to Install Python Library "openpyxl" into D3S Analyze

Posted 01-30-2020 00:04

Thanks Adrian, got it to work after removing the initial install and reinstalling.

The reason for using the "openpyxl" lib is to create password-protected xls, xlsx.... 

1. Are there recommended ways to do this, such as other libs?

2. Will this feature be incorporated in future D3S Releases? I prob heard that we may be able to open password protected excel, not sure about creating one.

• 5.  RE: Unable to Install Python Library "openpyxl" into D3S Analyze

Employee
    Posted 01-30-2020 05:29

Re. your first point, there aren't really any recommended libraries for creating password-protected Excel files in Analyze. You should check whether the password protection afforded by the openpyxl package meets your security needs - i.e. whether it prevents opening an encrypted file or just preventing editing of a protected file. 

As an alternative you may want to consider an alternative approach of creating an un-encrypted Excel file and then creating a password-protected ZIP archive that contains the Excel file. This use case was recently discussed in another community forum post:

https://support.infogix.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360038476854-Unzip-with-password

Re. your second point, we do have a roadmap candidate item to support reading and writing password-protected Excel files, however it is not a priority for delivery in the short-run.