Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

• 1.  How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-03-2018 23:03

We are currently using the NSW LPI Imagery layer as our main source of imagery. But we have our original imagery and some historical imagery as well that will need to go in. I have one layer in from our SSA Training but I cannot recall how it was brought into SSA.

• 2.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-04-2018 08:13

Are you getting any issue while uploading ? can you post the error ?

Basically it is very easy if you can match the projections of the raster layer with the Map configuration .

This would help you for sure.

https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/article/How-to-add-raster-layers-in-Spectrum-Spatial-Analyst

• 3.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-04-2018 23:35

Hello!

I had some issues and it turns out the images needed to be in a different projection to get them to display in Spectrum. Like you we have the LPI imagery as the background and then a few historical (and one newer) aerial photos added in as optional extras.

For who knows what reason, Spectrum is happy with vector files in multiple projections but must have the raster files in just a few. We went with Popular Visualization CRS (EPSG 3857)

• 4.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-05-2018 01:58
      |   view attached

Thanks @Krishna Bejawada? and @Rebecca Marks? .

I can't get past the first step... Upload the map via the spectrum Map Up loader Tool.

CaptureI know what to do once it's in, I just can't get that far.

• 5.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-05-2018 02:00

Yep, you need to change the projection of the aerial tab file

• 6.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-05-2018 02:05

@Rebecca Marks? Before I upload it? How do I do that? 😄

• 7.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-05-2018 02:10

I cheated a bit and changed it by going into modify image registration and changing the projection - I'm told this is not a proper solution and it may cause inaccuracies but as so far I haven't noticed anything visually different so it is good enough for what we need.

I didn't change any of the points, just changed the projection option from one to the other

• 8.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-05-2018 20:03

You can use MapInfo Raster to reproject to the projection you want. It might be worth investigating reprojecting into MRR format for convenience and speed as well.

• 9.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-06-2018 01:42

Does the re-project in MapInfo Advanced also reduce the picture quality? It did in the Engage version (couldn't save back to ecw) so I couldn't use it.

We'll have to add advanced to re-project properly

• 10.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Employee
    Posted 06-26-2018 05:02

@Rebecca Marks? All reprojections of raster grids/images will cause some change to the original image, in Advanced you will have three interpolation options, Nearest Neighbor, Bilinear and Bicubic available while reprojecting. It depends on factors such scale, coverage area, projections and application of the image that you are using to determine which is best . In terms of image quality from a visual perspective, you shouldn't see any significant visual decrease in image quality. As Natalia Palmer mentioned, it would be worth considering using the MRR format for improved performance. What format are the images currently in?

• 11.  RE: How do I upload more aerial imagery into SSA?

Posted 06-26-2018 18:50

After checking out a few things we need, we won't be purchasing advanced as another program can do the reprojection and meet some other needs.