Data360 Analyze

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SELINUX - disabled on Data360 servers - impact and justification as to why it is needed.

• 1.  SELINUX - disabled on Data360 servers - impact and justification as to why it is needed.

Posted 04-09-2020 08:53

One of the Data3Sixty documents states that SELINUX should be in permissive mode. I am being told that SELINUX is disabled - portion of email below. Can SELINUX stay disabled or I need support as to why it needs to be set differently.  Thank you.

Don,

Selinux is disabled on all builds.  It is not being enforced.  We would like to keep it at disabled.  If you need it changed we need to start with a good reason why. From there we will evaluate.  I just figured I would send this email out since it looks like you thought it was being enforced.

# sestatus

SELinux status:                 disabled

# getenforce

Disabled

• 2.  RE: SELINUX - disabled on Data360 servers - impact and justification as to why it is needed.

Employee
    Posted 04-14-2020 01:54

In order for the license verification component in Data360 Analyze to operate correctly and enable the system to start-up, either SELinux needs to be disabled or the SELinux policy needs to be configured to allow the licensing component to operate correctly. The options are detailed in the relevant Data360 Analyze Server Installation Guide (available in the downloads section of the knowledge base - sign in required) and the extract is shown below.