MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Raster Operations - Merge Error

Posted 01-14-2020 17:06
    Hi All -
    I am trying to merge a few different maps together to create one larger map (i.e. individual region maps to create a full US map). I have roughly 7 sections to combine with very minimal overlap at all. Every time I try the merge operation I get an error box saying "Coordinate System Unavailable". I have tried using different maps as the primary raster and all but one of them gives the same error. When I "successfully" merge using that one map, the resulting map has missing sections that appear to be cut off at a very specific line. 

Does anyone have any insight into what the Coordinate System Unavailable error message is referring to and how I might avoid it?

Thanks so much for any advice or suggestions you might have!

------------------------------
    Jacob Putzier
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Raster Operations - Merge Error

Employee
    Posted 01-15-2020 12:15
    Hi Jacob

Its really sad to know that you are stuck with "merge operations". What type of raster images are you trying to merge. If you could share raster image information, it would help. or Is it possible for you to share data or the snapshot of the error. 
    As an initial thought, did you try to check coordinate information of all your images and check if there are any inconsistency in the coordinate system amongst images?
    I am going to try the same operations using any open source raster images and share information.

Thanks
    Neena

Dr Neena Priyanka
    Pitney Bowes Software India PVT. Ltd
    Noida