Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to connect via SAP connector

Posted 09-28-2020 04:24

Hello

I'm using Data360 analyse free version. I've installed necessary java modules to run SAP ERP connector. I'm getting following messages on different ERP instances.

1) Connection established to SAP destination, however unable to retrieve repository. SAP System returned error: Initialization of repository destination default failed

2) Error occurred accessing BAPI function "RFC_READ_TABLE" on SAP system. SAP System returned error: No RFC authorization for function module DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET.

What could be the issue?
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: Unable to connect via SAP connector

Employee
    Posted 09-30-2020 07:40
    Hi Karlis, you may need to move the sapjco3.dll and sapjco3.jar files. Could you put them in
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Data360Analyze\site\lib\java?

Which node are you using?

• 3.  RE: Unable to connect via SAP connector

Posted 10-01-2020 02:03

Hello

I'm using Extract ERP table node

I've placed files under C:\ProgramData\Data360Analyze\site\lib\java and it seems that this is the right pace. 

Your recommended folder even did not exist. I've created it and moved the files there and got an error:

• 4.  RE: Unable to connect via SAP connector

Posted 10-02-2020 10:17

Is this here official support or community support?

• 5.  RE: Unable to connect via SAP connector

Employee
    Posted 10-13-2020 10:32

I am assuming you are using the desktop version, not the server.  If so, the directories vary depending on what you select during the installation process.  You can always see what has been configured by looking in your site.prop file.  This file is always present in the installation directory and almost always in C:\Program Files\Data360Analyze\conf

In this file, there is a key/value pair named ls.appDataDir.  This will tell you where your site directory resides. For example:  

ls.appDataDir="C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Data360Analyze/site"

Can you double check you put the SAP files sapjco3.jar and sapjco3.dll in the ls.appDataDir/lib/java?  

If this doesn't work, you can always put them directly in the installation directory.

• sapjco3.jar in C:\Program Files\Data360Analyze\lib\java
    • sapjco3.dll  in C:\Program Files\Data360Analyze\lib\windows-x86-64

• 6.  RE: Unable to connect via SAP connector

Employee
    Posted 10-14-2020 01:52

For case 1)  Is there any further information in the detail of the error message that could indicate the root cause?, e.g.

"Initialization of repository destination xxxxx failed: Opening connection to backend failed: Opening connection denied."

or

"Initialization of repository destination xxxxx failed: Connect to message server on host xx,xx,xx,xx failed"

The error appears to indicate a mis-configuration on the SAP side rather than an issue with the SAP connector per se.

For case 2) This seems to indicate it is an authorization issue. Can you check the service user has appropriate rights and roles on the SAP instance to execute the RFC_READ_TABLE.