Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Hello,

Posted 09-06-2018 14:25
      |   view attached

Hello,

I am really struggling to upgrade to v17. After running the .msi, and then after starting the installed MI 17 I get a "Mapinfo Pro has stopped working" message (attached). The only option on the error message is to "Close the program". Clicking that just removes the error message. MI does not open.

I've been through multiple rounds of trials and tests with Support, but we're not really getting anywhere. It's going onto a Windows 2012 R2 machine with the Microsoft update KB2919355 installed before Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 was installed. 

I'm tearing my hair out with this one. Can anyone help or offer further advice?

I need MI 17 because it (and MI16) are the only versions of MI that can handle the latest Spectrum Spatial Unloader which is in turn required to utilise labeling and .tab file editing in Spectrum Spatial Analyst.See Attachment

• 2.  RE: Hello,

Posted 09-07-2018 01:43

Hi Stuart,

I have this issue with latest versions of MIPro on Server 2012 R2, even with all the pre-requisites but I haven't found a fix for it as yet.; but this is just a development server so its not an issue and will be upgraded or retired in the near future.

I've swapped across to do everything for MIPro and SSA within a Windows 10 desktop; the SSA tools and SSA interfaces run fine within the Windows 10 environment.

I hardly ever need log into the actual SSA server at all, hope this helps Stuart.

• 3.  RE: Hello,

Posted 09-07-2018 04:37
    Thanks for that, Peter. Yes, useful in the sense that I’m not the only one struggling with it. Not so useful in the sense that I don’t have a Windows 10 alternative! (I wonder if MI17 works on a Windows 7 PC, I ‘ll look into it.) I wonder if PB are aware of these MI17 struggles?

• 4.  RE: Hello,

Employee
    Posted 09-07-2018 05:42

Is there a specific reason you are installing using the MSI insted of the recommended Setup.exe? I assume it might be related to the order of the Microsoft Update and .NET 4.6.1?

Also note that v17.0.1 is out now. Have you tried that instead of v17.0?

• 5.  RE: Hello,

Employee
    Posted 09-07-2018 05:46

The .exe will install any dependencies required as Peter has eluded too, if possible, perhaps try that option.

• 6.  RE: Hello,

Posted 09-07-2018 05:46
    The same problem occurs going via the msi and exe. I’ll give 17.0.1 a go.

• 7.  RE: Hello,

Posted 09-07-2018 08:06
    I’ve successfully loaded MI17 (and the new 16+ SSA uploader) on my Windows 7 PC. I’ve given up on the server idea. Too problematic!