Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Updating address search facility in SSA front end v2018

Posted 07-01-2022 04:17
    Hi

I need to get a colleague to update the address search database used in the front end of SSA. The dataset that is used, according to the admin console, is called "Locate - Address1". In our SQL addressing database I can see a view called "Spectrum_address_search". This has been updated recently and when I add the SQL addressing layer to SSA I can see the new address points mapped. But, the new addresses in the source database and map are not available when searching in the search box. Is there a process or script to run on the SSA server to update the search facility?

Many thanks

Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council

• 2.  RE: Updating address search facility in SSA front end v2018

Posted 07-04-2022 09:18
    Are you looking in the 'Address and Routing' tab of the Administration Console Chris?  If so, you would need a csv of the data, minus headings, and with only some sort of address string column, plus an x and a y column.  Check your projection then upload you csv file using the button and dialogue provided.  That is how I have done this in the past.  My data comes in a csv anyway so I just trim the csv to suit.  The different address dataset dropdown would allow you to create multiple address locators, each of which can be assigned to different functionality profiles.
    There may be different ways to do this but I have found this to work.

If you want to see when your Address locator was last updated, and check that your csv uploaded correctly,  check here:

...Pitney Bowes\SpectrumSpatialAnalyst\customerconfigurations\analyst\luceneCSVdata

on your application server.  Look at it in details view and you'll see the date.

Hope this helps.

Sean Stephen
    Belfast City Council
    Belfast

• 3.  RE: Updating address search facility in SSA front end v2018

Posted 07-06-2022 02:52
    Thanks Sean

Chris Dickinson

• 4.  RE: Updating address search facility in SSA front end v2018

Posted 07-04-2022 18:31
    Hi Chris,

The Commandline-uploader tool, simple java utility, has been included with Spectrum for a few generations now, docs linked below are for 19.1 but should be valid equally for 18 - Spectrum Spatial™ Guide - Locator Uploader Command Line Utility (precisely.com)

Similar to you we have a view in our SQL database that creates a table with the required addressing/searchable terms and coord values.

The Locator Uploader can be configured to access the database and relevant table, then update the relevant SearchIndex on Spectrum.

We have a couple of these (map project contexts driving different search requirements) that are run as batch file scheduled tasks on the server each night. It is pretty failsafe and I can't recall it erroring at any point in the last few years. Keeps the address up-to-date and completely hands off.

Cheers,

William Dean
    Cairns Regional Council
    Cairns QLD

• 5.  RE: Updating address search facility in SSA front end v2018

Posted 07-06-2022 02:51
    Thanks William

Chris Dickinson