Connect CDC

View Only
  • 1.  Precisely CDC - AS/400 DB2 to the open platform database

Posted 27 days ago

Hello!  One of my clients plan to use a Change Data Capture tool to constantly replicate their AS/400 DB2 data to a certain relational database hosted on the open platform. And during a planned time window, they will stop the applications in AS/400 and switch the business to the new one on the open platform. 

My questions are:

1) Does Precisely CDC support this function?

2) What are the candidates of target databases? Could you please provide an architectural diagram or list? 

3) My client is a Chinese bank. They prefer to use a local database called Oceanbase as the target which is developed by Alibaba group and completely supports Mysql and Oracle protocols.  Does Precisely CDC support Oceanbase? If it doesn't, do you have any recommendation on the solution? 

Thank you very much!

------------------------------
    Kelvin Zhang
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    NJ

• 2.  RE: Precisely CDC - AS/400 DB2 to the open platform database

Posted 27 days ago

Hello Kelvin,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) Does Precisely CDC support this function?

Yes, the name of the product that supports replication via log based Change Data Capture is Precisely Connect CDC. It can perform an initial load of the target RDBMS and subsequently keep the target constantly synchronized.

2a) What are the candidates of target databases?

The supported list of source and target databases can be found  via the link below.. Select the database to determine the exact type of support.

https://help.precisely.com/r/Connect-CDC/5.8/en-US/Connect-CDC-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-5.8/Current-Platform-and-Driver-Support 

2b) Could you please provide an architectural diagram or list?

An architectural overview can be found here:

https://help.precisely.com/r/Connect-CDC/5.8/en-US/Connect-CDC-Getting-Started-Guide/Connect-CDC-Overview/Modeling/Architectural-overview 

3a) My client is a Chinese bank. They prefer to use a local database called Oceanbase as the target which is developed by Alibaba group and completely supports Mysql and Oracle protocols.  Does Precisely CDC support Oceanbase?

Precisely CDC supports Oracle and MySQL targets. As you can see in the list, Oceanbase is not among the tested and certified databases,

3b) If it doesn't, do you have any recommendation on the solution

The best recommendation I can make, when you want to work with Precisely Connect CDC, is to use a supported version of Oracle and/or MySQL as a target database (for the versions and platforms, see list under 2a).

Kind Regards,

Charles

Charles Struijve
    Precisely Software Inc.
    PEARL RIVER NY