Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Pivot Table not working when scheduled

Posted 12-01-2022 09:20
      |   view attached
    I have scheduled a query to run monthly, but when I get the email there is a link to "Open File", but once its open, the pivot table is not the correct format and not able to refresh because it's not linked with the data.  I am able to open the script and run it manually and the pivot table works.  Is there a way to have the pivot table working from the email notification?

------------------------------
    Miluska DoCarmo | BA
    Echostar Corporation | 12406453785

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Pivot Table not working when scheduled

Posted 02-21-2023 13:29

@Sigrid Kok  - hello Sigrid,

Milu posted this question in the past but I wanted to check whether you heard similar issue from other customers. I found below article mentioning a limitation about this, but is there any other recommended solution/workaround to accomplish this? They want to be able to leverage Pivot table already built on query templates, but server scheduling is somehow corrupting it.

https://docs.winshuttle.com/studio-en-20-2-online-help-studio-with-connect/schedule-query-run.htm?TocPath=Studio%2020.2%20Online%20Help%7CQuery%7CRun%20Scripts%7C_____1

Thanks,

Ocal

Ocal Yilmaz
    Echostar Corporation
    Englewood CO

• 3.  RE: Pivot Table not working when scheduled

Employee
    Posted 02-24-2023 14:02

Hi @Ocal Yilmaz 

The article is correct.  If you run on server, the formatting for a pivot and any special controls or buttons will not be preserved. 

Alternately, you could use Query to write to a SQL table and then use Excel to point to that data source and refresh it when you open it.  It may not be ideal, but it is a workaround.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.