Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Questions from the SSA 2018.2 release notes

Posted 01-11-2019 06:57

Hello PB,

Two items caught my eye in the SSA 2018.2 release notes at https://support.pb.com/help/analyst/2018.2/release_notes/spectrum_spatial_analyst_release_notes.pdf.

All but one of my map configs use BNG OS base mapping. The one map config that doesn't holds Bing and Open Street map base map options instead. You can see this for yourself at https://geo.southwark.gov.uk/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?mapcfg=With%20OSM%20and%20BingMaps.

The way SSA works (because of the different coordinate systems between Bing Maps/Open Street maps and OS mapping) means that if I want to have a non-BNG base map option then this can only be delivered in a separate map config.

Is the above extract saying that in SSA2018.2 I can hold BNG an non BNG base maps within the same map config?

The release notes also state…

Putting the re-ordering function aside, is this any different from the function already in SSA…

------------------------------
    Stuart Carter
    Corporate GIS Manager
    Southwark Council
    London

• 2.  RE: Questions from the SSA 2018.2 release notes

Posted 01-18-2019 06:56
      |   view attached
    Hi Stuart

Regarding point 1 it is now possible to mix base maps (or WMS and other types of map) of differing projections in the same SSA project. The SSA project is given its own "view projection" which can be defined separately from any base maps. If you have many base maps of differing projections you can choose which one becomes the view projection of your project. The others will be re-projected in SSA. For example you can have an SSA project in EPSG:27700 (limited to Southwark extents) and add a Bing base map. The Bing base map, when chosen by the user, would be shown re-projected to EPSG:27700 (and limited to your tile maps extents). You can also define the view projection as EPSG:3857 and have the EPSG:27700 base maps re-projected in SSA. They would show correctly over Southwark for example. See PDF for screen shots.

Regarding point 2 you are correct this is the same functionality as the previous "Expand all legends" link. The difference is that it is now a button rather than a link.

Mustafa Ismail
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Questions from the SSA 2018.2 release notes

Posted 01-18-2019 08:54

Thanks for that.

Being able to have BNG and non-BNG projected maps in the same config/project is a great advance.

I'll look forward to using it.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart Carter

Corporate GIS Manager

Southwark Council

2nd floor, zone B

160 Tooley Street

London, SE1 2QH

Tel: (0207 52) 55409

stuart.carter@southwark.gov.uk

Southwark Maps - public facing mapping service

In My Area

Old maps

• 4.  RE: Questions from the SSA 2018.2 release notes

Posted 01-21-2019 16:44
    Hello,

Are there any noticeable performance issues with having maps being reprojected on the fly?  I'm especially interested in the performance of the MRR files in a different projection to the basemap or SSA projection.

Thanks,

Natalia Palmer
    Critchlow Ltd (VAR)
    Wellington