Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  In Assure, how do I declare a list work field?

Posted 02-03-2021 06:06

Hi 

I have a field in my layout that has multiple values, I would like to validate each value in a list of valid values, (I've build a simple translation that will accomplish this).

My plan is to, in the extract screen, create a procedure that will use the translation and set a Boolean work field if not found. then to use a procedure loop to loop through the list-count and list.

To obtain the list and count, I plan to use the t_split function, to set a list count numeric work field and a text\numeric list work field.

But, I'm not to sure how to create a list work field, do I just use a normal text\numeric work field?

Kind Regards,

Rocco

• 2.  RE: In Assure, how do I declare a list work field?

Employee
    Posted 02-03-2021 09:23

Hi Rocco,

The strategy you mention is sound. You are correct that it is not possible to directly make a list field on the work field tab. The team will need to make a layout and define a list field there. Once created, you may add the layout data as a work field.

I recommend utilizing an XML layout for this, as it is the easiest way to declare a text field that occurs many times :

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: In Assure, how do I declare a list work field?

Posted 02-03-2021 12:06

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply,

I actually got it working with a normal text work field. see attached images.

The first time around I had a null text value exception in the line highlighted in image 2, but after reading the sentence regarding the xml text field that occurs many times, I remembered seeing a work field setting "Occurs" with options once (the default) and many.

I then tried the option many and presto it worked.

I successfully tested multiple codes, some that existed and some that did not exits identifying as such.

Thank you very much for putting me on the right track. 

On your xml layout suggestion, how do I create one without an actual xml file? or do I have to create a dummy xml file with 1 field structure?

Attached files

Support_ListWorkField_1.jpg
    Support_ListWorkField_2.jpg
    Support_ListWorkField_3.jpg