Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  How do we better format "Legends" within SSA Print Templates?

Posted 12-12-2017 01:26
      |   view attached

I have setup a series of A4 and A3 portrait/landscape print templates with and without 'Legends'.

The likes of our Council logo and disclaimer has been added to the template using an image input, which work quite well. The difficulty I have is that when a user has 6 or so layers active and some of these layers have multiple theme values it makes the legend long. The problem even becomes worst when layer names and/or theme names are longer than a single word then the text is wrapped, this in turn makes the legend longer and simply makes a mess of the print layout.

How can the Legend text size be greatly reduced to enable a reasonable legend to be created without? making a mess? See attached A3 Legend/Map pdf output.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    A3Portrait.pdf   2.85 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: How do we better format "Legends" within SSA Print Templates?

Posted 12-12-2017 17:47

Hi Tony,

Part of this legend control issue I have raised before with the result being that it was to be added to enhancements in the road map  ?https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/question/0D58000003aS6fpCAC/ssa-gui

cheers

• 3.  RE: How do we better format "Legends" within SSA Print Templates?

Posted 12-12-2017 18:31
      |   view attached

G'day Peter,

Interesting you have found the same/similar issue, this is another one of those basic item's that needs fixing fast.. I would put this down as another shortfall not an enhancement I think.

We were intending to fully cutover to SSA from Exponare in February 2018, however after exhausting all attempts to make? these print templates acceptable I am extremely worried about the backlash from our users. Printing to pdf>hardcopy is done frequently, these printouts and pdf's are frequently used in legal documents and such things as Development Approvals, therefore have to be accurate, complete and clearly understandable. The current SSA template abilities fall a mile short. Attached is an A3 template from our Exponare system in the same output scale, same layers turned on and of the same geographic location as the SSA pdf that I posted here yesterday. The Exponare template is 300dpi and is also far superior in resolution/quality.

PB please sort the basics such as printing etc before spending development time on the complex fancy features..

Regards,

Tony Jordan

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Exponare_A3Portrait.pdf   789 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: How do we better format "Legends" within SSA Print Templates?

Posted 12-17-2017 17:13

Agree Tony, unfortunately they have come to market forgetting the basics. Seem to have succumbed by the current programming dynamic of get it to market and fix it in a release.?

• 5.  RE: How do we better format "Legends" within SSA Print Templates?

Employee
    Posted 12-18-2017 23:19

Hello, SSA engineering team is working to fix the issue and few improvements would come out in our next release. I will share more details soon here. Thanks

• 6.  RE: How do we better format "Legends" within SSA Print Templates?

Posted 04-16-2018 04:37

Hi Tony,

We are in the process of redesigning the printing capabilities, including adding a designer for printing and report building. This is part of the admin redesign that will align Spectrum Spatial Manager and Spatial Analyst closer together. The first release of this is expected October 2018.

Regards

Andy