MapInfo Pro

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

• 1.  Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Employee
    Posted 05-10-2018 23:33

Try out MapInfo Pro 17.0 having Add-in modules that deliver a much-improved experience using Location Intelligence cloud services for quickly geocoding tables of addresses to create mappable tables of point objects or for generating Drive times via GeoZones.

http://support.pitneybowes.com/SearchArticles/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000XeOMCA0&popup=false&lang=en_US

• 2.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Employee
    Posted 05-14-2018 02:36

I'd better add that for now we have only released a new Add-in module for Drive Times in MapInfo Pro v17.0.

We are working on a new add-in for geocoding and hoping to release that with the first patch for MapInfo Pro v17.0 around August.

You can however still use the geocode option for our GeocodeAPI via the existing Geocode via Server option in MapInfo Pro. This was added in v16.0.

• 3.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Posted 05-18-2018 07:07

Peter,

I was very excited to see you added a DriveTime feature, I decided to take it for a spin this morning. The process ran and gave me no results with a vague error: "errorDescription":"Internal Error Occurred". It still charged me the credits for the transaction, even with an error occurring. Should it do that? Also, is there an account page where we can see our plan status and change options?

Is the DriveTime available only for the U.S.? Or is it global?

Ali

• 4.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Employee
    Posted 05-18-2018 07:16
      |   view attached

Hi Ali

I would say no, it shouldn't charge you if it fails on the server. But maybe the service actually did return a valid drive region but the software failed locally.

You can find a list of supported countries here: https://locate.pitneybowes.com/docs/location-intelligence/v1/en/index.html#Appendix/appendix_p_geozonesupportedcountries.html#appendixj

I assume that you already have signed up for the API via the backstage in MapInfo Pro. You find this via the PRO tab and then Services. Here you can also see the status and your plan.

Mi Pro Services

• 5.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Posted 05-18-2018 07:32

I see the services tab, but if I'm on the pay as you go plan, where would I go to find invoices? I would need to for internal billing at my firm.

• 6.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Employee
    Posted 05-30-2018 10:50

@David O'Neil?  : Can you please let Ali know where they can find the invoices?

• 7.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Employee
    Posted 06-01-2018 09:38

Hey @Ali Mehrabian?,

I am one of the Software Engineers that helped implement this feature. I am looking into the issue now. I am co-coordinating with teams here to make sure everything is working at our end while I get more information from you.

When you purchased your Pay As You Go account, can you confirm that you received an email?

It is expected that you should be receiving an email monthly that contains your invoice, if that is not happening please let me know.

Regards,

David O'Neill

• 8.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Posted 06-18-2018 05:07
      |   view attached

I'm getting a bunch of Script Error messages when the window opens to let me login. Is there a way to set the account details without using the popup web browser built into the application?screenshot

• 9.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

• 10.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Posted 06-28-2018 07:55

David,

I did receive an email, with the customer key/secret. Shouldn't there be a billing page where we can change our payment method, see usage, etc?

Ali

• 11.  RE: Geocoding & GeoZone APIs in MapInfo Pro V17

Employee
    Posted 07-13-2018 09:56

Ali,

Sorry for the late response, I just got back from vacation and wanted to touch base with you. You should be receiving monthly emails with your invoices, let me know if that is not happening. As for our longer term plan we are in the process of developing a billing page where you can access your invoices and we have also discussed creating online dashboards to see your usage etc.

This was one of many features we have delivered during v17 and we will continue to improve on them based on your feedback. I can't guarantee a timeline right now, but I can promise we are constantly working with customers like you to improve our online experiences. As an engineer we really appreciate feedback like this so we can push it up our priority list and we can guarantee we are working on the most important items for our customers.

I will keep you abreast of any updates I have at my end.

David