Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

• 1.  Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-02-2018 00:40

For no reason our Quick Search Queries are dropping off/being removed from the left panel on one of our Map Configuration's. This particular map config has some 155 vector layers and 15 raster (aerial imagery) layers so is therefore quite large, although performance rendering and functioning is still fine. I also note that the other 5x map configs that we utilize still have the Queries available on the left quick search panel...

The "Show predefined queries as quick search on left panel" option has been always ticked on within the config settings, they have just disappeared. I have tried un-ticking/saving then re-ticking and re-saving however they are not visible on left panel. All saved queries are still accessible and operate fine from the menu of the layer that has an associated query, its just they have fallen off the left panel.

Any ideas??

Regards,

Tony Jordan

• 2.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Employee
    Posted 11-04-2018 16:31

Hi Tony. Have you tried clearing your browser cache to see if these pre - defined admin queries appear on the left panel?

• 3.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-04-2018 16:53

Hi Tony,

I have the same problem with my 3 largest maps. They have 75, 65 and 55 layers. The small ones seem OK. I've had PB Tech Support working on it and it's possibly related to using https rather than just http. No resolution yet though.

Kind Regards,

Judy

• 4.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-04-2018 19:33

​Hey Matt,

Yes, first port-o-call was to clear cache's..

I believe I have found a limitation! All has been working fine up until last week when I added 2x more layers, taking this Map Config to 155 vector layers. This morning I totally re-built a new Map Config adding all 155 layers including queries, still they didn't appear in Left Panel. I then proceeded to remove 5x random vector layers from the same Map Config, and boom, all Queries on left panel are back!

Has anyone in the room got a Map Config with that many layers to verify?

Please note, each Department here in Council usually has up to approx. 100 layers in their go-to Map Config for their daily use, it is only about 10 users that choose to want to see the "All Data" (all layers) Map Config...

• 5.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Employee
    Posted 11-05-2018 02:25

155 vector layers!! Wauw, that's quite a few! Is that layers or named maps?

Have you considered restructuring your solution with fewer layers but letting them switch between two or more map configurations? Spectrum Spatial Analyst can remember the current location when switching to another map configuration.

There are certain other limitations in this approach, I know, such as annotations and queries.

I'll try to get someone from the SSA team to give a feedback around the limitations to the number of layers in a map configuration.

• 6.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-05-2018 05:20

There are no hard-coded limits for numbers of map groups or layers that can be added. I have seen customers with around 70 map groups and over 100 layers run fine, but there will eventually be a limit based on the device/browser running SSA. Also a user turning on all the layers may see some degradation in map render performance if the layers are complex/detailed as SSA makes map requests for each map group separately.

The best practise guide is here https://support.pb.com/help/analyst/12.2/admin_guide/en/index.html#appendix/best_practices.html

The issue with quick queries not displaying on the left panel should be investigated via tech support and replicated - as it may be a bug.

• 7.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-05-2018 07:35

Hello,

There are no hard-coded limits for numbers of map groups or layers that can be added.

here we are with a public SSA web site having 15 map folders, 150 map layers, 139 tab, 2 MRR and 5 base maps... :-)

http://www.brindisiwebgis.it/

http://www.brindisiwebgis.it:8010/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?mapcfg=00%20Brindisi%20web%20gis

• 8.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-05-2018 18:20

Thanks to all the answers..

Monica I checked your link thank you. I could only see 141 layers within the 00 Brindisi web gis Map Config, is there any chance to add 15 layers to test that 155 thresh-hold, it maybe beneficial for PB to understand this problem? If not that is ok..

Looks like we will have to get users to only access there specific Departments map config until maybe one day an SSA version allows for 155 layers to work properly. As said previously, it is only about 10 users who choose to want to have fast access to all those layers, while I appreciate users can swap between map config's it is still an inconvenience and more buttons to click and more time to waste..

• 9.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-06-2018 04:03

Hello @Tony Jordan​ 

yes, absolutely, we're going to investigate internally. I might ask this customer for adding layers but I am pretty sure they're going to add other layers soon...

May I ask you for telling us how many Queries (one per layer/table?) did you set up? I mean I'd like to know if all the 155 layers have a (quick) query... how many? It could be a UI limitation.

Thanks

• 10.  RE: Why are our 'Quick Search Queries' dropping off left panel

Posted 11-06-2018 17:09

Thanks Monica,

We have 13 queries setup. One layer has 5 queries on it, the other 8 queries are singular on singular layers..

Regards,

Tony