MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Posted 09-07-2018 11:52

Having just got the latest version installed, I wanted to check everything was in order, and as I use Thematics quite a lot these days, I wanted to make sure my created templates were still available. Going through the list, there are now extra, numbered ones? See Attachment

I've checked through the location where these are stored (AppData\Roaming\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\ThmTmplt) and these are all listed, but the date modified goes back to April 18 (possibly during the Beta, which I was involved with, not sure if it's relevant).

See Attachment

I have tried to edit the ThemeTemplate.lst file and remove these, but each time I reopen MI, these return. Is there a way to fix this, as it will likely become an annoyance very quickly?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Employee
    Posted 09-09-2018 14:55

@Dave Sepowski?, is this something you are aware of in tech support? Thanks

• 3.  RE: Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Posted 09-11-2018 13:24

@James King? did you fully uninstall the beta version before installing v17??

• 4.  RE: Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Posted 09-12-2018 05:25

@John Ievers? yes this was uninstalled before install, though it is possible that there may have been some residual files left as I wasn't able to check, and some settings carried over. I do need to get v17 PDF print driver installed as this failed during 17.0.1. Currently only have access to v15 PDF printer, so I'm thinking about stripping everything off and starting fresh.

@PB - I'm sure there was a section in the install guide (when v17 was released in May) about how to remove the Beta files during/following uninstall, but this seems to have been removed in the current install guide. Can this be confirmed? and found and shared?

• 5.  RE: Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2018 01:27

Hi James,

Ideally it should not show up.

When MIPro is launched, the Theme Templates are saved in "C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional\AddUser\ThmTmplt" . When the application is launched they are copied to "AppData\Roaming\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\ThmTmplt" .

I suggest you delete the templates from the AppData and copy is again from the AddUser folder and see. It should work.

Regards,

Shweta

• 6.  RE: Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2018 01:29

You can also try deleting the Tools folder from the registry and launching PRO again.

The path to the registry : Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\Tools64

• 7.  RE: Thematic Map options (v17.0.1) showing duplicated templates!?

Employee
    Posted 09-18-2018 10:03

@Peter Horsbøll Møller? Peter, we did see some strange thematic template behavior when Pro 17.0 shipped - I believe the presence of the 17.0 beta was a factor...

The biggest problem we found was the inability to utilize custom thematic templates, created in previous versions - the custom templates did not appear in the 17.0 thematic dialog after being copied to the correct folder...

Some users also found that the 17.0 theme dialog showed only numbered thematics and not the expected thematic template names.

Those issues (and others) should be resolved in the Pro 17.0.1 patch/upgrade.

We recommend users patch to 17.0.1 and see if their thematic issues are resolved.

Note: Please read the Pro 17.0.1 Release Notes before patching, as this is a brand new global installer and the process actually uninstalls Pro 17.0 and installs 17.0.1.

http://reference1.mapinfo.com/software/mapinfo_pro/english/17.0.1/MapInfoProReleaseNotes.pdf