Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  My base map tile keeps disappearing from users in SSA and I can't get it back.

Posted 07-13-2018 05:19

I have recently been informed by a couple of users that their screen is always white unless choosing one of the Bing or LPI layers. The screen is white when they have it on our Base Map.

When I log in as an admin it is working fine. But if I log in as them I am having the same issue.

I have refreshed, cleared all cache/cookies/browsing etc, and today I went through the process of uploading the tile from scratch using the instructions found here on LI360. It worked temporarily but is back to white again.

And as an admin I noticed it is still showing me the old tile (I made some changes to its appearance so I knew if it worked or not). However, all traces of the old tile have been deleted from the spatial manager and I have updated the map in the configurations.

• 2.  RE: My base map tile keeps disappearing from users in SSA and I can't get it back.

Posted 07-18-2018 19:44

Hi @Jemima Bargery?, based on your description it sounds like there may be a couple of issues at play here.

If an admin can see a layer while other uses cannot it is usually that the permissions are missing. For base maps the permissions are managed separately to the mapconfig. To check login to the SSA admin console, goto the permissions tab then select base map permissions. There will be a top down of all spectrum base maps available within the system. Check that the base map has had the appropriate roles assigned to it. If things look correct but users are still having issues, try making the base map permissions admin only, saving, then reassign the permissions and save again. This will force the system to reset the permissions for that base map.

If you have updated a tile map (base map) and the old tiles are still showing it may be that you have server side caching enabled (which is great for performance!), however it adds an extra step when refreshing the styles or data. To check if server side caching is enabled remote to your server and browse to http://localhost:8080/RepositoryService/repository/default/Configuration/MapTilingConfiguration (assuming default Spectrum port settings). Look for a section containing <Cache enabled="true">, if true look for the value stored in the "diskPath", this will be where the old tiles have been cached. If you go to that path using windows explorer, you will see a folders that match the Spatial repository paths. Find the folder with the name of your tiled base map and delete it. This should remove any server side caching of the tile.

• 3.  RE: My base map tile keeps disappearing from users in SSA and I can't get it back.

Posted 07-19-2018 07:43

Hi @Jemima Bargery? , I believe the issues with user's cant see the WMS layer is because of the permissions with Mapconfig. You need to assign the permissions to those roles / Users. If you have already kept the permissions on, still if you cant see the WMS. You need to check the platform permission in admin console.

http://localhost:8080/managementconsole/#/security > Access control > Rolename>Edit > Check if you enable the WMS with View option.

If you are seeing the same old image, You may need to change the server side cache as Mitchell has mentioned.

Good Luck!

• 4.  RE: My base map tile keeps disappearing from users in SSA and I can't get it back.

Posted 08-12-2018 19:20

@Mitchell Holliday? Thanks for you help, your solution seemed to have resolved the issue