Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Will there be future options in SSA for how objects are displayed after selection?

Posted 01-12-2018 01:32

Currently after selection say a Property Parcel (polygon) you have a tear drop pin that displays where you have selected and displays attributes on the left panel for the objects underlying the stick pin, including the property parcel.

Is there any intention that SSA will have the options of actually 'highlighting' the objects in which have been selecting as you would see in Exponare, with just a single mouse click? While I appreciate you can add the object clicked on/selected as an 'annotation' this requires addition mouse clicks and time.

Our Planners and other departments have asked to be able to display a 'selected' property as being highlighted bold outline as you would see in Exponare as they then print these maps and wish to display that selection..

Thoughts?

Regards,

Tony Jordan

• 2.  RE: Will there be future options in SSA for how objects are displayed after selection?

Posted 01-11-2018 21:28

Hi Tony,

I understand where you are coming from and would also like to see an option where your selection uses the selected parcel instead of a pin.

I don't think it too much to ask a user to add an annotation when printing but I do agree that it would better if they didn't need to and I feel that it would be better for viewing as well.

I have noticed the the multi-select tool works in the way you describe but it does require a few too many clicks unless you are actually using it for multi selection, I would really like to see this implemented to use a Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to do away with those extra clicks.

Duri

• 3.  RE: Will there be future options in SSA for how objects are displayed after selection?

Posted 01-12-2018 00:39

Ctrl+click (left) would be nice to see!

• 4.  RE: Will there be future options in SSA for how objects are displayed after selection?

Posted 02-06-2018 08:38

For what it's worth I'd like to see this (the info-clicked map object to be highlighted as well as having the attributes shown in left side panel) in SSA.

• 5.  RE: Will there be future options in SSA for how objects are displayed after selection?

Posted 03-07-2018 12:55

Hi Tony,

Yes we have this listed on the roadmap as a key feature for the Exponare customer base. Max and Mitch have been providing advice on Exponare requirements In the product roadmap.

Regards

Andy

• 6.  RE: Will there be future options in SSA for how objects are displayed after selection?

Posted 03-07-2018 13:18
    Hi Andy, And will that feature (“'highlighting' the objects in which have been selecting”) be coming into SSA? Thanks, Stuart