Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  SSA URL with Coordinates

Posted 12-04-2018 17:30
    Is there a way to pass coordinates through the URL in SSA to have the window pan directly to a feature. What I would like to do is create a URL to give to someone that would take them directly to a "thing" I wanted them to look at, rather them give them an address or set of coordinates to search on. I feel it would be a more elegant solution.

Usecase example, I see an illegal dump in the imagery and click a "create link" tool that generates a URL with embeded coordinates or other system reference that I can drop into an email and send the Planners to have a look at and SSA would open in the spot they need to see, without them needing to do further searching on an address or manually typed coordinates.

------------------------------
    Jason Hemingway
    Coordinator Asset Mgt & GIS
    Cassowary Coast Regional Council
    Innisfail

• 2.  RE: SSA URL with Coordinates

Employee
    Posted 12-05-2018 03:09
    HI Jason,
    you can use the parameters lon, lat and zoom in the url to let SSA start at a certain WGS84 coordinate. You can also use x,y for the coordinate system of the map - usually EPSG:3857.

SSA supports more URL parameters. Have a look here: Administration guide

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Homa
    Pitney Bowes Deutschland GmbH

• 3.  RE: SSA URL with Coordinates

Posted 12-05-2018 04:05

Hi Jason,

Although there is a way of manually creating URLs that specify the XY there is no way of asking SSA to create a URL of what you are looking at at the time and do it on-the-fly (e.g.: a specified zoom level, the layers that are switched on, XY).

Here's an example: https://geo.southwark.gov.uk/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?x=533918&y=177710&zoom=15. Note that you can also specify the zoom level with &zoom=x and the overlays you want open with &overlays=x. But all this would have to created manually.

PB's predecessor product, Stratus Connect, did have the URL link function which created a URL of what the users is looking at (exactly what you and I want), but for some reason it never made it into SSA. I have been asking PB to include the URL link functionality in SSA ever since taking up the produce in 2016. I don't know if PB has plans to include it in a future release.

Stratus Connect also had a &mapmarker=yes parameter which added a marker at the end of a URL. Someone at PB can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that has come into SAA. Again, it's something I have asked PB for in the past.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart Carter
    Corporate GIS Manager
    Southwark Council
    London