Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Bulk Load error in Production

Posted 04-17-2020 14:02

Attached files

Govern Production Bulk Load Report Department and Report Link BLANKS.xlsx

Of the 929 records, 464 have an error message "Key values match another asset under a different set of key fields."

I don't understand why these records are in error.  I downloaded the report glossary, copied the report name from the report glossary then pasted into the bulk load template as paste special/values. I did the same with Report Path.  I then deleted all columns except Report Link and Department because I want to remove all the existing entries.  

I need to know what the error message is indicating and how to correct.

• 2.  RE: Bulk Load error in Production

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2020 06:46

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Tracy,

I am working on this issue and will get back to you shortly.

• 3.  RE: Bulk Load error in Production

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2020 13:05

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello tracy,

I have performed the same method Internally what you have done and I don't see any errors .

Looks like this happened in the waning moments of Production release. Can you try once again today and let us know the output? 

• 4.  RE: Bulk Load error in Production

Posted 04-20-2020 14:19

I attempted again and it worked.  I didn't do anything different so I'm not sure why it worked this time but not the first.  

However, can you identify for me the meaning of the error message "Key values match another asset under a different set of key fields" in case I receive this in the future?

• 5.  RE: Bulk Load error in Production

Employee
    Posted 04-21-2020 07:07

Hello Tracy,

The message you will see when you tried to add a new asset and one with the same set of key fields already existed in the govern environment for that asset type.  Normally you should not see this on a bulk load promote as promote should update the item with the matching key fields.  It appears this was a issue / bug that we resolved in latest release on Friday which is why when you tried the same bulk promote after the  upgrade you no longer see this message.