EngageOne™

View Only
  • 1.  How many emails do you get each day?

Employee
    Posted 07-18-2019 11:37

Recently, I came across this article about "the shocking truth how many emails are being sent":

Funnily enough, the article actually gives you tips about how to send more emails. However, what caught my eye was that it states that on average people receive about 121 emails in the office each day.

My first thought was lucky them, I feel like I get a lot more – however, it kept bugging me so, of course, I decided to check 😊

Turns out I am not as unlucky as I thought - my average is only about 91 (spam filter can't be too bad).

Anyway, I would love to know how many emails others are getting each day?

Gerhard

------------------------------
    Gerhard Heide
    Global Director - Market Strategy
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd

• 2.  RE: How many emails do you get each day?

Employee
    Posted 07-22-2019 03:15
    Hi Gerhard,
    I am always happy to help ... but how do you know? I mean how do you count? I usually delete, send to other folders and so on ... what's the best way of counting?
    Marcus

Marcus Enger
    Director Partner Management EMEA
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC, Germany

• 3.  RE: How many emails do you get each day?

Employee
    Posted 07-22-2019 10:57
    Hi Marcus,

Good question - Outlook doesn't seem to have a straightforward function to tell you how many emails a day you receive, however, depending on your setup there could be several options.

For me it was relatively straightforward as my inbox is setup to copy every email into an archive folder, so all I had to do was look at the number of emails in a year in that folder (by marking them) and then divide by 365. Of course any other unmodified stretch of time would also work.

I have also tried out this guide which tells you how to configure Outlook to count the number of incoming emails per day However this creates only a folder with all emails you receive for the present day, so you can only get one data sample at a time per day this way.

Let me know if you can tell, still curious how people compare. 

Gerhard

Gerhard Heide
    Global Director - Market Strategy
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd