MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Map Window INTERACTIVITY with Data/Queries

Posted 06-29-2020 23:47
    hi Im using MIPro 2017.0.2 64bit
    In SSA, when we run a query, the resultant data in the Info panel is INTERACTIVE with the map ie the map jumps as we click each data record.
    Does MapInfo Pro have an equivalent function? I can run a Query to find any data, but I cannot make the Map Window "jump" to the result. If the result is tiny its very hard to find.
    I would love INTERACTIVITY between the Data Window (Query) and Map Window, so when I click an item in the Data/Query Window the Map Window jumps to it
    SSA

------------------------------
    Richard Lauder
    UPPER HUNTER SHIRE COUNCIL
    Scone NSW

• 2.  RE: Map Window INTERACTIVITY with Data/Queries

Employee
    Posted 06-30-2020 02:55
    Hi Richard

MapInfo Pro has a few options but maybe you already came across these.

1. Find Selection
    The Find Selection feature will find the selected record in all open windows, mapper as well as browser windows.
    It will not zoom in the map window but just pan to the location of the selected record.

You can call this feature using Ctrl+Shift+F

2. Zoom to Extent of Selected Object
    This feature will only work if you have a map window active. When you use it, it will pan to the selected object and zoom to the extent of the object. Unfortunately, point objects have no extent so with a point selected, MapInfo Pro will only pan to the object.

Generally speaking, none of the functions above will react to a new selection so you will have to explicitly use the functions. For MapInfo Pro to automatically zoom to a new selection, you can write a small MapBasic application that reacts to the SelChangedHandler event and then zooms to the selection.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 3.  RE: Map Window INTERACTIVITY with Data/Queries

Posted 06-30-2020 18:45
    awesome Peter. I hadnt used either. thank you so much

Richard Lauder
    UPPER HUNTER SHIRE COUNCIL
    Scone NSW

• 4.  RE: Map Window INTERACTIVITY with Data/Queries

Employee
    Posted 07-01-2020 08:37
    PS: I forgot to mention that you can set or change the keyboard shortcuts using the Keyboard shortcuts from Options on the Backstage (the PRO tab)

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data