Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Change to SAP 4HANA

Posted 03-23-2022 05:07

Hi Experts, is there any guide with do's and dont's before the change to SAP4HANA or is anything that should be nice to know before?

1. Installing the WFM on the server?
    2. Changing in handling?
    3. Knowen issues?

Would be great if someone is able to light me up. thx in advance

------------------------------
    Matthias Lautenschlaeger | PLM Assistant
    GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH |

• 2.  RE: Change to SAP 4HANA

Employee
    Posted 03-23-2022 13:31
    Hi Matthias

That's a very broad topic.

First, test your scripts.  There are some cases where scripts built on ECC will work in S/4Hana.  There may be some changes in field lengths, example - material number is much longer, but the script may still work.  Ensure you test the different tabs, as those also may be reordered depending on config.

Second, queries may also still run, but if you're are extracting financial postings, the structure is quite different.  Again, test.

Third, for any scripts created using GUI scripting, it's highly likely you will need to re-record.

Forth, BAPIs will also very likely still run.  Again, please test to ensure everything is working correctly.

Fifth, check with SAP if you find something missing in S4 that you could do in ECC.  Example - material commodity codes can't be entered in the GUI.   There's a Fiori app for that.

And lastly, check with your SAP / IT teams.  Some customers allow most or power users to use the GUI, with casual users moving to Fiori apps.  Some force all users, even power users, to use the Fiori apps.   If you're in the must use Fiori apps camp, please check with your account rep.  We have efforts underway in R&D to automate Fiori apps (true UI5 apps), and we're looking for customers who would like to try an early release to give us feedback.

Hope that helps.
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: Change to SAP 4HANA

Posted 03-25-2022 02:33
    Dear Sigrid, thanks for the feedback. I had already suspected that there will eventually be a lot of testing to check the functionality after the conversion. However, I had hoped that there would already be experience reports, which is to be followed in any case.
    Then I'm curious to see what the change brings so tests with it and report back when I know more. Many thanks for your help.

Matthias Lautenschlaeger | PLM Assistant
    GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH |