Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Spatial manager - volatile/read only

Posted 08-03-2018 02:48

Is there a way to bulk check which tab files are volatile and which are read-only/writable?

I'm constantly rediscovering files I've re-uploaded that have defaulted back to not volatile.

It's frustrating that I have to update them one at a time, but it's equally frustrating that I have to open each one to even check the status.

I've just added file that I want to be edited, and now I have to individually open each file I DON'T want edited and change it back to Read-Only, as that is not a default.

It seems a little silly that in a viewing platform designed to go public that the maps a) do not update by default and b) are editable by default. It seems to be the exact opposite of Council's needs.

• 2.  RE: Spatial manager - volatile/read only

Posted 08-13-2018 05:03

Hi Rebecca

There is no bulk change capability at the moment. The latest uploader (I tried version 2.3.0.2) sets tables to be volatile=false as this provides performance improvements as it caches table metadata (i.e. column structure, bounding box etc) for tables.

The read only flag is also set to false, but users cannot edit tables unless they are also given permissions to do so in the Spectrum Management Console and editing is enabled in SSA's map configs. Setting the flag to false allows you to enable editing if needed, without re-uploading the table.

• 3.  RE: Spatial manager - volatile/read only

Posted 08-13-2018 18:32

@Mustafa Ismail?  it is unlikely after deliberately setting a table volatility from 'false' to 'true' that an SSA admin would want to reverse that on the next update and upload. Can you raise this an issue with the development team? It would be preferable if the uploader read and honoured any configuration settings of the existing file. This is adding considerable and unnecessary time to what should be a simple administration task.