MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Layer removed from Explorer, though not from Map Window

Posted 09-18-2019 21:17
    Edited by Jason Kroeger 09-18-2019 22:43
    I removed a thematic from a Map Window in Explorer, though the map layer also removed itself at the same time. Despite the latter issue, the layer still appears in the map. Of course, I can't edit it when there is no reference to it in Explorer. This makes no sense.

Just closed the workspace and saved another over it. After making a few changes, Explorer refuses to acknowledge any of the Maps, despite them all appearing as tabs.

------------------------------
    Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Department of Social Services
    Canberra BC

• 2.  RE: Layer removed from Explorer, though not from Map Window

Employee
    Posted 09-20-2019 02:25
    Hi Jason, 

Which version of MapInfo Pro are you using?  Quite possibly, there could be a few group layers in the workspace and despite removing a layer or group the map is available in the other Group as well. Hence it is seen in the Map window.  I am sure you know, but please check that you have removed the layer and not just checked off the visibility. 

There could also be a latency issue if the workspace is being accessed over the network  and hence not responding to the new edits you made. 

Regards,
    Shweta

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 3.  RE: Layer removed from Explorer, though not from Map Window

Posted 09-22-2019 18:20
    Hi Shweta
    Thanks for your advice. Neither is the case. Explorer shows no maps whatsoever. The twisty is open, though it's as if I'm examining MapInfo Explorer without a workspace open in one instance of MapInfo, then examining Maps and Layout in a second instance of MapInfo.

There's never been a latency issue with MapInfo Pro V15 (32 bit). In V17, the maps just aren't appearing in MapInfo Explorer.

When I travel further down Explorer under the 'Windows' tables, one of the Maps in acknowledged, despite not appearing under the Explorer-->Maps twisty. 

There's something seriously wrong in this instance.

Have you received my workspace and component file attachments from previous communications?

I look forward to your advice.

Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Canberra BC

• 4.  RE: Layer removed from Explorer, though not from Map Window

Posted 09-22-2019 19:56
    Edited by Jason Kroeger 09-22-2019 19:57
    Hi Shweta

Sorry, this issue and another have the same unknown cause. Nick is addressing this issue under 23018236, therefore this issue (not 23018236) can be closed.

Thanks

Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Canberra BC