Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Automation of address dataset update

Posted 10-26-2018 04:51

Hello

It is quite frustrating that our address database out dates and must be manually uploaded. The file is volatile (in fact we've scripted it to update off our property information) but the new version needs to be manually uploaded to the admin console. This is inconvenient at best.

Will this be available as a live file in future updates?

thank you

• 2.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Employee
    Posted 10-28-2018 17:11

Hi Rebecca. I assume you are referring to the address and routing tab in the SSA admin console? Have you scripted a CSV file to extract off your property information on a nightly / regular basis (which you are currently uploading manually)? Its possible to update that with a bat file through the SSA locate commandline utility.

• 3.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Posted 10-28-2018 17:13

@Rebecca Marks? this may help you. I'm guessing your talking about the search csv file that needs to be regularly updated.

Go to the utilites section of the Admin Console; - <yourserver>:8020/adminconsole/analyst/

You'll see the "Locate Commandline Utility" in there.

Change the setting for the application and create a batch file to run the update process.

Hope that helps.

Tim

• 4.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Employee
    Posted 10-28-2018 17:14

Thanks Tim, it's monday morning and I think we replied at the exactly the same time.

• 5.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Posted 10-28-2018 17:48
    Thank you!! I wasn’t aware we could do that If I get stuck, is there a guide somewhere to follow?

• 6.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Employee
    Posted 10-28-2018 17:55

No problem Rebecca. You should be able to access documentation for the utility from the utilities tab in the admin console. When testing, ensure you create a bat file to reference the configuration. Example syntax is in the documentation.

• 7.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Posted 10-28-2018 17:57
    Great! I’ll check it out ?

• 8.  RE: Automation of address dataset update

Employee
    Posted 10-29-2018 22:14

@Rebecca Marks? 

Let us know how you go, would be happy to assist in case of any issues!

Thanks!