Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Posted 11-20-2020 12:16
    ​​Greetings to all:

We have implemented Winshuttle to upload journal entries into SAP FB50. After seeing the simplicity of this process once the Winshuttle spreadsheet is properly laid out and formatted, we are looking for a way to upload our budget numbers into SAP Transaction KP06.

Does anyone have experience with utilizing Winshuttle to upload annual budget numbers into SAP KP06? If so, is it possible to share with me the Excel format to upload budget data?

Thanks, Roger

------------------------------
    Roger Bobo |
    WIRTGEN GROUP, Branch of John Deere GmbH & Co.KG |

• 2.  RE: Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Employee
    Posted 11-23-2020 09:42
    Hi Roger

Great that you have FB50 working.

KP06 is pretty straight forward to record.   I would enter all of the values for one entry on the initial screen: version, period (range), year, cost center, activity and cost element

The rest depends on how you how you enter data the data.  The distribution key drives whether you're entering one value and spreading it between periods, or if you enter individual amounts per period.

• Are you entering a single set of values on the overview screen?  For this one, all of the values are on row 1 of the grid.   Enter and save and exit the tcode.
    • Are you entering multiple values on the period screen?  For this one, enter all of the months as individual fields in the grid.  Don't use the scroll bar to scroll down, if needed, instead use the page down.  Once you've entered all of them click save and exit the tcode.
    • Are you doing both?

You can use a mixture of the above, but you'll need to use IF logic on the distribution key and/or something else that tells the script to enter the data one way or the other or both.

Hope that helps,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Employee
    Posted 11-23-2020 14:07
    Hi Roger

Please reply here on the community so that everyone can learn from your question.

Here is the initial screen for KP06 - see the entries - just one value for cost center, activity and cost element with a version and a range of periods.  You could enter a range for those values, but that makes the automation trickier.

Then click the appropriate button to enter you budget values:
    takes you to the overview screen

takes you to the period screen

Based on your email, I believe you said you'll load by periods, so I believe this is the screen where you'll enter budget by period.

So record the script like the initial screen I copied above
    then click period
    then enter the values from the table as separate fields.

OR, you can choose 1 period on the initial screen and you'll have one set of fields for entry to make it simpler.

then save.

That's it.  Please give it a try.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 4.  RE: Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Posted 11-23-2020 15:05
    ​Thank you Sigrid!!!
    Hopefully I will reply correctly this time.  I am new to this, so still learning.  :)

What you stated above is what we did last week in typing our operating budget into SAP KP06.  Below is a print screen of Cost Center 40100 and Cost Element 666010 for Nov-Oct.
    SAP Budget

Below is the excel portion that was keyed into SAP KP06.
    Excel Budget

What I would like to do is have the budget data copied into a Winshuttle excel file and allow Winshuttle to upload entire budget into SAP KP06.  Below is my template for the SAP FB50 journal entry where I can easily upload my entries and not key everything directly into SAP.  This saves us much time when we have large or many rows in our accrual journal entry.
    JE

If you know of a way to create a Winshuttle excel template that can work with SAP KP06, that would be helpful.
    I hope this make sense. 

Thanks, Roger

Roger Bobo |

• 5.  RE: Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Employee
    Posted 11-23-2020 15:30
    Hi Roger

I walked you thru the steps on how to record it in a prior reply with data entry examples above.
    • Enter the details on the first page -  version, period range, year, cost center, activity & cost element
    • Press the period button
    • Enter all values in the grid - looks like you are loading plan fixed costs only, so enter a value for each period in that column without scrolling
    • hit save
    • then exit the tcode
    • You'll then map and try it out.

Attached is a quick and dirty example, but I suggest you try it for yourself so that you can include exactly what you want and learn in the process.  The goal of this community is to share learnings and help you help yourself.  

I think you've added to your requirements in the replies - you want to extract the data already loaded?  If so, you can create a query for that.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    KP06_LoadByPeriod.xlsx   5 KB 1 version
    Txr
    KP06_LoadByPeriod.Txr   117 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Posted 11-23-2020 16:13
    Hello Sigrid,

Thank you again for your help.  I might have misunderstood some of your instructions, but feel I understand better now.  I will review the attached files and see if we can create something in Winshuttle so that next year we can upload budget instead of manually keying the numbers into SAP.  Our 2021 budget is already in SAP.  But I will determine what we can do in the test environment.

Thanks again for all your help!!!
    Roger​

Roger Bobo |

• 7.  RE: Uploading Budget Data in SAP KP06

Posted 11-24-2020 09:35
      |   view attached
    ​Hi Roger, we have used Winshuttle for KP06 (CC planning) and CJR2 (WBS planning). We simply changed the layout to make it look like the SAP/ Excel native integration (see attached screen shot) which made it super easy for the users

Moazzam Mubarak | Manager SAP
    De Beers Consolidated Mines | 5875825035