MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Voronoi problems

Posted 10-05-2018 18:20
      |   view attached

I have other customer, she has 100000 points, and she wants to create a voronoi layer using all that points. But when she si running the process, suddenly the MIP stops and turn off. I attatch the images to show the problem. She runs from a server windows r2, 5 teras in HDD, NAS and a lot memory.

Thanks to all

Attachment(s)

txt
    Crash Mapinfo VRN.txt   581 B 1 version

• 2.  RE: Voronoi problems

Posted 10-09-2018 18:51

Hi Franz,

The number of points in the file isn't an issue, can you share some further details:

• Version of MapInfo Pro?
    • Does this happen with other tables?
    • Does it consistently happen with this table?
    • Is it possible there are objects other than points in the table (this shouldn't be the issue, just curious)?

this will help to identify possible causes of the error.

• 3.  RE: Voronoi problems

Posted 10-16-2018 12:59

Hello...thanks @Ashley Crane?  for your question and @Amita Mehta? ... The version of MIP is the 17, this happen with the main data base , that they work its a only one table.... and it ´s so huge.... and every time that they want to make a voronoi its happen.

• Is it possible there are objects other than points in the table (this shouldn't be the issue, just curious)? R/. its only when they try to voronoi all the table, when they try a segment this works perfectly.

Thanks for your support

• 4.  RE: Voronoi problems

Posted 10-16-2018 14:03

i m just ask to the user, she toldme, the problem is when she try to load all the table, but when she just load a part of it, all works good.

The total are 13 millions of point, in a voronoi it could grow up to 35 millions, i think