MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Posted 08-22-2018 01:38
      |   view attached

If you happen to be in Toronto this summer and are looking for a way to cool down and relax, check out one (or all) of these great ice cream parlors in Toronto!

This map was created using open data from the City of Toronto and the Ontario Provincial Government. Layers were arranged to be simple and clear so that the readers focus is on the main map content, the ice cream shops! This map made use of simple and free PNG icons to represent the shops locations. These symbols were added using the layout mode in MapInfo Pro V17. Another feature which was essential to this map was the use of Halo’s around text with complex backgrounds. The halo feature in MapInfo Pro allows much more flexibility when placing labels over map content while maintaining visual clarity.

I hope you enjoy this submission and are able to try some of these great ice cream places! 

• 2.  RE: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Employee
    Posted 08-22-2018 01:47

Delicious! However a bit far to go for me just for an ice cream 😁

• 3.  RE: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Posted 08-22-2018 11:33

Love this. Nice job!

• 4.  RE: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Posted 08-27-2018 00:56

Great work Laura. As a dedicated ice cream lover, now all I need is your rating of each to determine what order they need to be visited in. 😋

• 5.  RE: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Posted 08-31-2018 09:28

Lovely! Icea cream forever