Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Query management - I can't get the specified queries to show up on my non-admin user map

Posted 04-18-2018 03:58

If I run a query permissions report from the admin console it says it only belongs to the admin role.

Apart from making my every day users admins, how can I give them access to prepared queries?

Also, worth noting, that even though I added a description in the optional part on the admin console, once you're in the map there is no instruction on how to use each query. Some of the queries are = and must be exact, others are "like". There's no way to tell them apart unless I put it int he query name. Perhaps in future this "optional" field in the admin console could be displayed to inform users of how to use the prepared queries.

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: Query management - I can't get the specified queries to show up on my non-admin user map

Posted 04-18-2018 00:45

Hi Rebecca, In spatial analyst admin, click on the permissions tab then click on the query permissions tab then select your table and query name. select the radio button for choose roles on right, you should have the analyst guest role listed in the left panel to assign to the right, then save.

Any queries assigned to the analyst guest role will appear for everyone.

cheers

• 3.  RE: Query management - I can't get the specified queries to show up on my non-admin user map

Posted 04-18-2018 01:12

You can also create any roles you need within the ssa management console, easiest way is to clone existing roles. If you wish to publish / create different maps for public and internal use. The best idea is to look into the configuration for Active Directory user logins, other wise you will need to create and maintain internal end users manually.

cheers 

• 4.  RE: Query management - I can't get the specified queries to show up on my non-admin user map

Posted 04-18-2018 01:26

Fantastic thanks!

Yes I only have two roles allocated at the moment, my admin one and a general staff one for internal use. They can be fiddled with a bit more once I get it up and running and once we're happy with what is good and what is not, I'll develop the publicly available map