Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  tempdir

Posted 10-16-2019 07:23

Hi, I want to change the folder of where the temp files are stored. 

I tried the manual, which says to find "cust.prop" but this file doesn't exist in the "conf" folder.

However, "site.prop" does, so I changed the value for ls.brain.tempDir in there instead, restarted the application and re-ran the data-flow. Now, one node executes fine (reads .brd) and stores a temp file in the new location. But the next node in the flow won't run. I'll attach a txt file with the error message.

Thanks in advance.

Kristoffer

Attached files

error.txt

• 2.  RE: tempdir

Posted 10-16-2019 07:34

Hi Kristoffer,

site.prop is in this directory: C:\Program Files\Data3SixtyAnalyze\conf

not in C:\ProgramData\Data3SixtyAnalyze\

According to the language used in your Windows version, directory names can be different.

In "site.prop", I modified these 2 lines:

ls.brain.tempDir="E:/D360/data/tmp/executions"

ls.tempDir="E:/D360/data/tmp/site"

I had to create

E:\D360\data\tmp\executions\cache\brain

in my remove drive E:\D360\data\tmp\

Now everything is working fine.

• 3.  RE: tempdir

Posted 10-16-2019 08:11

Thank you for your answer!

I found the correct conf folder the problem is, I think, that the wrong .prop-file is edited, becuase the problem is still there and it's the same as before. 

I don't know why there would be an error related to a temp-file in the OLD directory, now that I've changed the .prop-.file? Since I am re-running the node, it should create a new temp file, in the new directory, or?

Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: tempdir

Posted 10-17-2019 01:19

Kristoffer,

I faced several issued when I tried to change the temp diretory:

1- any modifications on the site.prop file was impossible without the admin privileges. I needed to activate them as our IT policy was preventing such actions

2- I had to create in my NEW directory the sub folder executions. Then the subfolder cache, then the subfolder brain

hope it will help