MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Node Edit Glitch v15

Posted 07-16-2021 15:03
    I have just ran into a strange scenario that I would like to know if anyone has ever had.  If so, was a "fix" ever found?  This is being done in v15.03 32 bit.
    I have a new guy drawing polylines that we then split into lines at each node.  Been doing this for many years with no issue.  However, when the new guy tries to move a node of one line segment, it will reshape both line segments where the split occurred.  In the browser, it definitely shows as individual lines/objects.  I even ran the disaggregate tool, but that doesn't work.  
    Now the really strange part.  If I log him off and log in as myself on his computer, the node edit works just fine.  Another guy opened the workspace on his computer and the node edit worked fine for him too.  It seems to be some sort of visual glitch on a user level, but I can't seem to figure out why.  I actually saw the same thing happen yesterday with yet another new guy that was editing something I drew a year ago and thought it was a one-off glitch until today.  The only fix yesterday was to delete one of the lines and redraw after reshaping the one that needed to be edited.  Any thoughts?
    Thanks

------------------------------
    Jim Coleman
    Monte R. Lee & Co
    Oklahoma City OK

• 2.  RE: Node Edit Glitch v15

Posted 07-16-2021 20:47
    Hi Jim,

The new guy probably has "the Same Layer" set for the "Move Duplicate Nodes in..." setting.  You can check this setting in the back stage Options, under "Map Preferences" and then the "Editing" tab.

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd
    Mentone, VIC, Australia

• 3.  RE: Node Edit Glitch v15

Posted 07-17-2021 14:28
    Interesting, I'm not familiar with that setting.  Thanks, I will check it out Monday morning.

Jim