Geocoding

View Only
  • 1.  MapMarker online informational webinar recording

Employee
    Posted 01-15-2019 13:55
    Edited by Dave Andrews 01-16-2019 09:46
      |   view attached
    Hello,

Here is a December, 2018 webinar recording of me and @Mike Ashmore discussing the upcoming online version of our MapMarker geocoding software. Topics include:

• Global Geocoding Coverage.
    • What is MapMarker online?
    • How to access a MapMarker account.
    • Benefits of the new application.
    • How to use MapMarker online.
    • Demo
    • Q&A

------------------------------
    Patrick Collins
    Senior Product Manager - SaaS
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC
    Boulder, CO
    ------------------------------​​

• 2.  RE: MapMarker online informational webinar recording

Posted 01-15-2019 14:30
    I just finished watching your webinar for the online MapMarker application. This is actually the first I have heard of this program even though I have used MapInfo Pro for several years, and I had a few questions. I use MapInfo Pro for all our mapping needs for the county, and I am currently using a program called GeoPoint to assign addresses based on road range, but I am looking into new applications for assigning addresses. With GeoPoint, I have it on a laptop that I can take out on field work, and drop GPS points for new addresses or crumb in new roads. Is that something that is possible with the MapMarker desktop version? I know MapMarker will do reverse geocoding, but will it use the road data that I provide or does the desktop application also depend on the TomTom streets and points? I would ideally like it to assign addresses based on road ranges from our data. Is this a possibility with MapMarker? Sorry for the overload of questions! I am just trying to get a feel for exactly what this program can do.

Rachel Taylor
    Cherokee County 911
    Tahlequah OK

• 3.  RE: MapMarker online informational webinar recording

Employee
    Posted 01-17-2019 11:47
    Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out! The desktop version of MapMarker does have this capability. It is know as a custom dictionary. The following is from Page 252 of the MapMarker desktop user guide, which can be found at https://www.pitneybowes.com/content/dam/support/software/product-documentation/public/mapmarker/v31-0-0/en-us/mapmarker-v31-0-0-user-guide.pdf

User Dictionary Utility
    The User Dictionary utility supplied with the MapMarker Desktop and Developer editions is used to create a custom user dictionary of streets and address ranges or point addresses that you use as a source for geocoding. If you have newer or more precise data than what is available in the MapMarker Address Dictionary, creating a dictionary with this data can help you get more accurate geocoding results. For example, if you have address point data you can create a point-based User Dictionary. Candidates from a point dictionary can return an S8 result code, corresponding to the exact point with no interpolation required. A User Dictionary can be used by itself to geocode records, or can be used in combination with the supplied Address Dictionary. 

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to get more information.

Patrick Collins
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC
    Troy NY

• 4.  RE: MapMarker online informational webinar recording

Posted 01-17-2019 14:14
    Thanks for responding! Is there a trial version of MapMarker? I'd love to give it a try and see if it is something that can replace our current software for addressing.

Rachel Taylor
    Cherokee County 911
    Tahlequah OK

• 5.  RE: MapMarker online informational webinar recording

Employee
    Posted 01-17-2019 16:49
    Hi Rachel, 

I've got your email address from the webinar. Ill shoot you an email and get you in touch with the right folks. 

Thanks again for reaching out!

Patrick Collins
    Senior Product Manager - SaaS
    Pitney Bowes Software, Inc.
    Boulder, CO