MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Sign in to subscription when I'm using full version?

Posted 01-30-2019 00:37
    When I'm trying to use Universal translator it asks to log in to use a subscription version, but we are on a full version. It won't run.
    In my serial number and access code it says fully licensed.
    Also when I try to run some of my older mapbasic programmes it tries to start in subscription version.
    Anyone got ideas on this please?

------------------------------
    Dale Thomas

Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Sign in to subscription when I'm using full version?

Posted 01-30-2019 09:20
    Dale,

Please take a look into 17.0.2 Release Notes. You most likely will need to change registry setting to make your fully licensed version as default.

You can get Release Notes from here:
    https://www.pitneybowes.com/content/dam/support/software/product-documentation/public/mapinfo-pro/v17-0-2/en-us/mapinfo-pro-v17-0-2-release-notes.pdf

Here is a an explanation how file association works:

File Associations When MapInfo Pro is started by double-clicking on a registered file type such as workspace (*.wor) or table (*.tab) it checks the value of a registry key to determine whether to run in Viewer (subscription) mode or normal mode. MapInfo Pro 17.0.2 Release Notes 20 MapInfo Pro 17.0.2 Release Notes The registry key is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\CloudVersion, and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\CloudVersion If the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key exists, it uses that value, else it looks for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE value. If the value of the CloudVersion registry key is = 1, MapInfo Pro is started in subscription mode. If the value of the CloudVersion registry key is = 0 or the key is not present, MapInfo Pro is started in normal licensed mode. Note: The MapInfo Pro installer will set the registry value to 1 if the user chooses I only want to run the viewer version during the installation. To switch the default value of this registry key, there are two files installed in the same location as where MapInfo Pro is installed. • DefaultToFullPro.reg - Default to normal licensed mode. • DefaultToSubscription.reg - Default to Viewer (subscription) mode. Double-click on either file to set the registry key value.​

Andrei Veselov
    Shelton CT

• 3.  RE: Sign in to subscription when I'm using full version?

Posted 01-30-2019 16:19
    Hi Andrei
    Thank you very much for that.

Dale Thomas
    Field Logistics Officer

• 4.  RE: Sign in to subscription when I'm using full version?

Posted 02-04-2019 19:50
    Thanks for this info, Andrei. Reviewing the release notes there <g class="gr_ gr_341 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="341" data-gr-id="341">seems</g> to be 3 different settings for subscription/viewer mode.

So what is the difference, or logic to choose which setting, of this registry key vs the commandline parameter  -subscription=on vs app settings file?

Is the only guaranteed way to run full mode is the set all 3 of these settings?

Joshua Knight
    Datamine
    Kew

• 5.  RE: Sign in to subscription when I'm using full version?

Employee
    Posted 02-06-2019 20:50
    Joshua,

The logic follows a precedence hierarchy:
    - The registry key is the baseline; if no registry key is defined, the default is interpreted as Normal License Mode
    - The app config key will override the registry key; if no key is defined, the licensing defers to the registry key; key can be either ON|OFF|<plan>
    - The command line argument will override the app config key; if no command line argument is present, the licensing defers to the app config; the flag can be either ON|OFF|<plan>

So, no, there is no need to set all three. 

Regards,
    -john

John Teague
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC
    Troy NY