Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  New query results zoom into a random spot on the map where there is no data.

Posted 08-13-2018 01:39

An issue has been discovered where once a user creates a new query, the map window turns white, but the result has still been selected. I have discovered that the map window is displaying a random location away from where any data is visible.

Process to recreate issue:

Write new query:

See Attachment

Click Create.

Results have shown on the left hand side, but the map window has gone white with a random point. 

See Attachment

If I try to zoom towards the point, nothing happens. I have found I have double/triple clicked a few times and the screen refreshed to being green, meaning it is completely zoomed into somewhere surrounding the shire (not where the result is).

See Attachment

I scroll outwards so I can zoom out and see where it is now, which is clearly not in the shire at all. 

See Attachment

I have to manually zoom into the area I know the point will be in (the red cluster which is manholes) and manually try and find the highlighted queried manhole. 

Isn’t the idea of querying to find your selection?

This happens for all users and is quite frustrating. We currently have Exponare still running side by side with Spectrum as it still has a lot of capabilities that Spectrum seems to be either missing or have issues with.

• 2.  RE: New query results zoom into a random spot on the map where there is no data.

Posted 08-13-2018 00:46

Can you make a annotation in the area and query with in that annotation for the same Manhole layer? If you still get the same result then you may need to look into the Tab File which you have uploaded into spatial server. Try removing it and upload the manhole layer again.

• 3.  RE: New query results zoom into a random spot on the map where there is no data.

Posted 08-13-2018 01:03

Hi @Krishna Bejawada? this happens with ALL data, not just manholes, and happens when you choose both query in 'Visible Map region' and 'All Data'.

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: New query results zoom into a random spot on the map where there is no data.

Posted 08-13-2018 01:24

Hi Jemima,

Can you always see that blue marker? It seems to me it is not the result of the query, but is instead an object in one of your layers.

You might need to check the coordinate systems of your maps to ensure they are consistent. I think I had similar trouble when adding an image file with a coordinate system that did not match the base map.