Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Data Lineage

Posted 01-28-2020 12:28

I am attempting to set a some data lineage but and struggling and would like to guidance. 

Data lineage is visible from the Application Glossary. In my example, we already have lineage for Application Glossary to Fusion (SQL database schema, table, column).  However, I would like to demonstrate where that SQL table.column data goes into our warehouse, which is accessible through Fusion.  So I thought I needed a relationship of SQL Server / Schema / Table / Column [stores/stored in] SQL Server / Schema / Table / Column.  However, that doesn’t appear to be an option.

So, how do you recommend I set up our data lineage?  We would prefer not to have an application for the warehouse and application glossary entries for the warehouse fields. (NOTE: warehouse is represented in the diagram below by the ODS table.column   ODS is the Fusion SQL Server configuration name)

• 2.  RE: Data Lineage

Posted 02-03-2020 08:42

Hi Tracy,

In order for data lineage to work, you need a parent and child relationship, so lineage should be built at the App Glossary level using the "stored/stores in" relationship. You can't relate an asset to itself (which you're essentially doing when you say SQL Server / Schema / Table / Column [stores/stored in] SQL Server / Schema / Table / Column