Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Challenges with Purchase Order Schedule Changes using SAP BAPI_PO_CHANGE

Posted 03-25-2022 17:14

Hi Team,

Here is what I'm trying to do and the issues I'm facing:

1. Goal: To update PO Schedule Lines – currently we have one scheduled, need to split them into multi
    2. BAPI: The only BAPI we have is "BAPI_PO_CHANGE"
    3. Results in SAP: The above BAPI works when directly called in SAP along with BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT
      1. Import Parameter 'PURCHASEORDER' is being used for passing the PO # - it won't work if we use any other parameter to pass PO#
    4. Issues in Winshuttle:
      1. Though the message says PO was changes – this is misleading w/o a true change being done
      2. In Winshuttle, for the same BAPI, the Import Parameter 'PURCHASEORDER' is not available was forced to use POHEADER, POHEADERX
      3. Won't work if we use other parameters like POADDRVENDOR, ExportOthers for passing PO
      4. Note, looping has been taken care of
      5. Commit required has been selected

If anyone has achieved this or similar goal, requirements, please let me have some tips or send me the script and a sample file – appreciated.

Subbu Manjappa

SAP Business Systems Analyst

Small Packaging

Mauser Packaging Solutions

M: (732) 423 - 1735

• 2.  RE: Challenges with Purchase Order Schedule Changes using SAP BAPI_PO_CHANGE

Employee
    Posted 03-25-2022 20:02
    Hi Subbu

The PO number is there, but the table name is exportothers .

Example uploaded.  This is changing quantity and dates, not adding new schedule lines. 

If you are having an issue with your script, please attach it and we can review.

Regards,
    Sigrid

------------------------------
    Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Challenges with Purchase Order Schedule Changes using SAP BAPI_PO_CHANGE

Posted 04-08-2022 11:28
    Hi Sigrid,

Thank you for trying to help me. However, I desperately looking for changing  one PO/Qty into multiple schedules - e.g.

Current:

2500 EA for 07/04/2022

To be:

1500 EA for  07/04/2022
    1000 EA for  07/10/2022

The bapi works when we try in SAP directly BAPI_PO_CHANGE followed by Bapi_transaction_commit. Not sure how to achieve-   the same in Winshuttle - any more help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Manjappa S

Manjappa Subramhanya | SAP Analyst
    BWAY Corporation | 7324231735

• 4.  RE: Challenges with Purchase Order Schedule Changes using SAP BAPI_PO_CHANGE

Employee
    Posted 04-08-2022 17:09
    Hi Manjappa ,

The commit is in there on the Workspace tab:

The goal of the community it to provide guidance, and potentially examples of approaches.   I shared an example of the BAPI, but it didn't deal with schedule lines. 

Looking over the BAPI again, I believe it only allows for updates or deletions of schedule lines. 

Your other option to instead add schedule lines would be to use GUI Scripting, and use the Indexed Loop to insert a row on an empty line, given a field to check.  Doc here:  https://docs.winshuttle.com/studio-en-20-0-online-help-studio-with-evolve-studio-manager/Advanced-looping.htm
    screen shot example uses indexed loop checking quantity but it could just as easily use date - it needs a field to check to see if it's blank, that's where the new row will be inserted:

test shows this approach works

If you need help to build something specific, please reach out to your rep for assistance engaging with our services team.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 5.  RE: Challenges with Purchase Order Schedule Changes using SAP BAPI_PO_CHANGE

Posted 04-26-2022 15:59
    Hi Sigrid,

Attached is my latest script - still unable to get it to work - this could be some kind of limitation on how BAPI is being called by Winshuttle. However, you may please take a fresh look and suggest. Again,  all essential parameters are being passed and commit check box is selected too.

Thank you,
    Subbu Manjappa.
    Mauser Packaging

Manjappa Subramhanya | SAP Analyst
    BWAY Corporation | 7324231735

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Challenges with Purchase Order Schedule Changes using SAP BAPI_PO_CHANGE

Employee
    Posted 04-27-2022 09:54
    HI again Manjappa 

I've offered all of the general information and options I know for PO updates, including the BAPI & GUI scripting option with examples and detailed instructions.   If others have ideas, please share here.

Otherwise for personalized script assistance, please reach out to your account rep who can give you options for assistance to accomplish your script requirements.   

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA