Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Use the word "Item" (or customer defined) instead of Asset

Posted 12-15-2020 01:08

Hi Team,

The project team have received the same feedback from 3 different users during our training and UAT session.They thought that the "Related Assets" tab woud shows them only other related "Data Assets" as the custom object they were looking at was called "Data Assets".

Data Asset have been used here for many years and all the employees already understand this, so as soon as they read 'Asset' that automatically assume "Data Asset".

It would be helpful for me to be able to swap out the word "Asset" in the GUI to have the word "Item" (s... "Related Items") or something similar.

This is not a high priority but it would help massively it terms of adoption if I could remove this confusion.

Thanks

John

• 2.  RE: Use the word "Item" (or customer defined) instead of Asset

Employee
    Posted 12-15-2020 11:40

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello John,

We have created Enhancement ticket for your request and our Product Management team is reviewing your request.

• 3.  RE: Use the word "Item" (or customer defined) instead of Asset

Posted 01-21-2021 06:20

I think a customer defined label could be a nice UX enhancement. That way each business can tailor the UI a bit based on their own context of data and business terms.