MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager

Posted 02-27-2019 18:41
    Hi all,

I have just started using MapInfo and setting up WorkSpaces (as of three days ago!).  I'm not a GIS officer at all, nor have any training in MapInfo but my organisation needs some mapping done and there is no one else to do it.

I have created some maps with data, created a WorkSpace and have it displaying to end users.  End users use Exponare to connect via IIS on the GIS server.

I now want to set what layers are visible by default for my workspace.

I am using MapInfo Workspace Manager.  Adding and removing layers and labels immediately reflects in Exponare, but setting the default visibility doesn't seem to have any effect.  I have looked at the Exponare Configuration Manager but cannot see any default visibility options.

Can someone advise how to change the default layer visibility?

thanks

------------------------------
    Justin

• 2.  RE: Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager
    Best Answer

Posted 02-28-2019 22:21
    Hi Justin,

As you mentioned, Exponare Workspace Manager is the place to do this - either by using the check boxes alongside the layer, or by clicking on the layer name and selecting/deselecting the "Visible" option.

Exponare Layer Visibility

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager

Employee
    Posted 03-01-2019 00:52
    Hi Justin,

Firstly, welcome to the Knowledge Community.
    We hope you find our community helpful and encourage you to become an active participant.

Exponare Configuration has some dependencies that you may already have worked out i.e. the Default Work Context within Exponare is applied at a User level.
    The User settings are set within the Configuration Manager under Users/<User ID>/General/Default Work Context.
    The Work Context must exist before it can be attached to a User and the Layers Settings within the Work Context will affect what is then displayed.

In regards to your query about initial visibility of layers, Exponare Server reads these from the MWS file created by the Workspace Manager, therefore layer visibility setup in Workspace Manager should be reflected in Exponare.

I would recommend locating your Administration Guide for more detailed information on USer and Layer setup, which is located in the C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Exponare\Server\Documentation\Admin Guide\AdministrationGuide.pdf

Kind Regards,

Terry Hunt
    Software Support Analyst
    Pitney Bowes
    Sydney, Australia

• 4.  RE: Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager

Employee
    Posted 03-01-2019 05:40
    Hi Justin,

Welcome to the community.

Not sure if my suggestion is useful to you or not, but if you are just looking for turning the visibility on and off for the map layers created, you can do that through the explorer window in MapInfo Pro.

If you don't have the Explorer Window open, just go to the HOME ribbon > Tools Window > Explorer and uncheck the layer for the map you don't want to show and save the Workspace. 

In the above workspace, the Mexico layer unchecked in the Explorer, is not seen on the map.

Regards,
    Shweta

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 5.  RE: Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager

Posted 03-02-2019 09:07
    hallo,
    I have a Problem instalation Mapinfo Desktop free version. 
    Can you help me?
    I dont get an email with explanation.

Tank You
    Luk

Lukas Czudowski
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 6.  RE: Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager

Employee
    Posted 03-03-2019 17:23
    Edited by Ruchi Mishra 03-03-2019 17:26
    Hi Lukas,

I suggest you send an email to software.support@pb.com with additional information about the MapInfo Pro version and error screenshots.

Thanks!
    Ruchi Mishra
    Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: Default visibility for layers in MapInfo Workspace Manager

Posted 03-06-2019 22:50
    Thanks everyone for your responses.

I thought it was the Exponare Configuration Manager those settings were set in, but changing them using the MapInfo Workspace Manager does the job!

Justin