MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Stop unspecified users from taking a license from the LSU

Posted 12-03-2018 07:25
    ​Hey all,

I have amended the UNISW20.opt file with usernames and groups so that certain teams can only take out licenses they have paid for. This file is case sensitive which in it's self is not a problem, the problem is that its not reading usernames from a stationary point, it's reading it from when the user logs in which means if a user logs in using a capital or lowercase that is not in the file they are rejected from using a license. Does anyone know where exactly it is reading from so I can possible write a script to amend their username in that location to match the file on the server.

E.G if in the UNISW20.opt file has my username in there as Username123 but I sign into my PC as username123 I will be rejected from taking out a license as I have not signed in the same way that is in the file which then means I have to log out of my PC and log back in with the capital U in order to access MapInfo.

Sorry for the long message. Just wanted to explain the point

------------------------------
    Joseph

• 2.  RE: Stop unspecified users from taking a license from the LSU

Employee
    Posted 12-09-2018 18:32
    Hi Joseph,

You may want to try using the GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE option keyword in the options file syntax.

http://opendtect.org/lic/doc/endusermanual/chap5.htm#wp916892

5.2.7 GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE
    GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE OFF|ON

If set to ON, user names and host names specified with the options file GROUP and HOST_GROUP keywords, respectively, are treated as case insensitive.

By default GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE is OFF; user names and host names are treated as case sensitive.

Hope this helps.

Jon

jon jon
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT