Automate

View Only
  • 1.  SAP ECC > C202 > Update Recipe Material List Operation Assignment

Posted 10-25-2021 23:26
    hi Team,

Goo day.
    I'm working on the recipe update which I'm facing challenge to update material list new operation assignment.
    This is due to the view in display mode and no line item filter function available.
    Pls find attached the steps I'm doing in ECC and recoding via WS.
    Also attached  the script and data file with error message.
    Kindly guide on how to resolve this scenario.
    Thanks.

------------------------------
    suthagar

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: SAP ECC > C202 > Update Recipe Material List Operation Assignment

Posted 03-20-2024 11:44

hey, 

Did you ever figure out how to so this? I am having the same problem. 

Reema Rughani
    SAP Data Architect Lead
    SUN CHEMICAL LTD
    Slough

• 3.  RE: SAP ECC > C202 > Update Recipe Material List Operation Assignment

Employee
    Posted 29 days ago

Hi @suthagar ramachandran

This isn't an area I am super knowledgeable on.

Based on the excel template, it looks like you have a fixed number of materials to swap operations #s, but in your 2nd row, it errors out because there are less to change than you have in the script, and so it will error out on that screen because it doesn't know what to do since there are less materials to swap.

If this overall approach is ok for you, i.e. you have a max number of possible materials to reassign for operations, you can chain two scripts

1) read the number of materials in the grid and download it to the excel template in each row

2) use IF logic to see if the one you want to change is less than or equal to the total number of materials to reassign

etc.

Attaching the script to download the count and the adjusted one with IF statements up to the max number of columns you have - although if you are always using the same operation to swap to, you can use the same input column for each one instead of columns D through W.

Will that work for you?

IDK if there is a BAPI for this type of update, but that may be another avenue to go.

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.