MapInfo Pro

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Map Window/Frame embedded in A3 Layout with blue backing, though only A4 area blue

• 1.  Map Window/Frame embedded in A3 Layout with blue backing, though only A4 area blue

Posted 06-24-2019 19:09
    Hello people

I have a Map Window/Frame embedded in A3 Layout with blue backing (also containing map boundaries stretching across the entire A3 page/layout)  , though only an A4 area contains the blue contents when saving as an image only. Yes, the entire map saves as an image, except for that blue 'ocean' part that exceeds the area that an A4 page represents.

If I print from MapInfo Pro, the entire A3 region of blue prints.

Viewing the blue on the page also works.

I've place blue objects in the incorrect white space, and that object prints.

I've tried both jpg and png formats. Both are compromised. Jpg is the preferred. I don't print PDFs due to historical issues with rogue lines and embedded proprietary fonts.

I look forward to your advice. 

------------------------------
    Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Department of Social Services
    Canberra BC

• 2.  RE: Map Window/Frame embedded in A3 Layout with blue backing, though only A4 area blue

Posted 06-24-2019 19:55
    It would appear that the page setup isn't completely registering, despite being set to A3. Once I change it to A2 and then back to A3, the print works. Does this mean it's a printer driver issue?

Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Department of Social Services
    Canberra BC